• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

subfame mod??

You may want to PM nytro23 (after he's rested from the irondog) and ask him to chime in on this thread, he may have more insight.

I watched my riding buddy take a 45 mph hit with his 08 Nytro last year. The subframe twisted so bad it took out more than just that, it also took out one side of the bulk head ( reinf. Houseing ). But the nice part about these sleds is everything is bolt on. He was able to change just the one side out. So my point is by not reinf. these subframes going to save from damageing ather parts of the sled, bulk head, tunnel etc. no. I did mine so maybe my sled will withstand minner hits, and hopfully only takes out a A-Arm or spindle etc. But each to there own and good luck on what ever anyone try's to make them better :Rockon:

Its a good idea,but

What happen to mine when the guy before me had it it actually ripped the arms out of the hole where they mount at the bottom destroying the sub frame anyways,but i guess it just depends on where it takes the hit. Another question are the mountains and standards Fx Nytros the same ski stance looking for a-arms clutch side for my mountain and need to know if the standard will fit?

BooBoo and I did our subframe mods together. I nosedived mine in a ditch at an angle early in the season after the mod. It tweaked the lower arm and bent the front mounting bolt which egged the hole a little. All I did was tweak the arm back, weld a washer over the hole and new bolt. It measures right on with the other side. 4600 miles on this sled. 2800 since the frame mod.

The mod doesn't appear to be that different that the factory replacement offered for the '08's. Definately on the same track, though process, etc...

Those mods look good I helped my buddy change sub frame #3 on his MTX last night thats 3 this season for him, I want to make a jig off the new one to bend the old ones back straight.

Back