• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Subframe number 2

When i crashed alittle on cross country race last weekend my sled with -09 subframe landed with track straight up in the air on my right spindle. Tweaked my A-arms alittle but frame seems OK. When my dealer changed my subframe the diff was app 1" (ski to ski) and after it was 1/2" so half of it was A-arms.. On the -08 subframe!!

Repair was dead easy. Prybar and 0.1 ton of swede and it was straight.

I watched my buddy pull his 2008 rtx into his garage and the carbide on his ski caught the lip of the garage slab and shear and bend his wear rod off the ski. It also bend the subframe.......he went into the local dealer and they are talking to yamaha about trying to get it sorted out. Hopefully yamaha will gets these fixed!!!!!

Who sells the reinforcement kids for the subframes? I'd like to make my 08 subframe more solid. If I happen to bend an a-arm so be it, but bending a subframe is a much more expensive fix so any way to beef it up would be good.

I don't know who sell a reinforcement kit or if there even is one but I guess the 09's are suppose to be gusseted from the factory. This is just what I am told. I havent seen this in person!!!!!

I finally bent my subframe on my 08...believe it or not I hit a damn safe in the powder on the power lines...who hits a safe??I mean thats gotta be the worse luck..anyway it threw me off the sled and pushed the left ski back about 6 inches...took it to the dealer he said he hadn't delt with the sub frame issue much..called yamaha and they asked if there was any other damage and they covered the sub frame and labor..I was impressed..they also had them change the ball joints.

cannondale27 said:
Any $ in the safe?

haha thats what everyone at home asked no such luck though...I did go back and look once I put my head back on straight...it took a hard hit to be honest..I was on one ski and it just clipped the spindle and took me for a loop!

This is what its like to love Yamaha. See below. A picture is worth 1000 words. I open my mouth I get some cranky. So I'll post these picks. Probably will get deleted like some of my posts with a bit of attitude. Ok I could have taken lots of great trail shots with great scenery. I don't snowmobile for scenery. I just have to lift my head and look out my bedroom garden doors. I drive for the thrill of driving near the edge. Its fun and the Nytro is one of the more fun sleds. It just needs a few things to make it better like everything else.

Attachments

• XTX 221.jpg
    XTX 221.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 79
  • XTX 220.jpg
    XTX 220.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 77
Typical garage of a Yamaha owner here too:

Attachments

• 5a.jpg
    5a.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 97