• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Surprise Gift from Dealer

Did a search for you guys on the Yamaha web site, found orange available in the P/A Catalog.

Part No. For Orange is SMA-8JP24-00-OR

A small box arrived by USPS today. What? I didn't order anything this month. After looking over the address, I realized it came from the dealer that I purchased my LTX-LE from in February 2015. Inside the box was a set of orange knee guards for my Viper.

Prior to the sled purchase in Feb., I had never worked with this dealer before. The only reason that I did go to them is that they had a 2015 LTX-LE on the floor that I found by searching Craig's List, and I was ready to buy. I made the phone call, and arranged the purchase, and drove to WI an picked up the sled.

The fact this dealer was thoughtful enough to remember the purchase I made, and send me a thank you gift 9 months after the purchase really surprised me. I guess its the little things that count. The dealership wasn't all that large, but the experience and their thoughtfulness has earned them my support.

Since they are 9 hours away and its unlikely that I'll get a chance to return to thank them directly with another purchase, I'd like to at least let anyone interested in a good dealership experience know who they are. If you are in WI and are thinking about buying a sled or other Yamaha toy and don't already have a dealership that appreciates your business, shoot me a PM and I'll get you their name.
That's a nice touch from your dealer good on them ,I recently purchased my 2016 viper from a dealer 4 hours away, gave them 4 days notice when I was coming and had to wait almost 3 hours for paperwork had to load it in my truck off the ramp without help and never even got a thank you for purchasing a sled from them,to make matters worse didn't get the proper paperwork to get insurance for the sled,phoned them to inquire about the paperwork and was told we will call you right back,6 hours later no call so I phone them and ask why no call back and response was we forgot,told them where to go and they asked me if a viper tshirt would make me feel better,then they have the nerve to ask me if yamaha sends me a survey to give them a 100% rating lol,survey came couple weeks later and you can well imagine what I posted

Last edited:
That's a nice touch from your dealer good on them ,I recently purchased my 2016 viper from a dealer 4 hours away, gave them 4 days notice when I was coming and had to wait almost 3 hours for paperwork had to load it in my truck off the ramp without help and never even got a thank you for purchasing a sled from them,to make matters worse didn't get the proper paperwork to get insurance for the sled,phoned them to inquire about the paperwork and was told we will call you right back,6 hours later no call so I phone them and ask why no call back and response was we forgot,told them where to go and they asked me if a viper tshirt would make me feel better,then they have the nerve to ask me if yamaha sends me a survey to give them a 100% rating lol,survey came couple weeks later and you can well imagine what I posted

I hear you. The dealer I purchased from was great, but far away. I contacted a local dealer for my recall work and arranged a drop off. When I made the 7 hour round trip to get my sled to them (I keep it at a cabin and didn't plan well) the dealer manager informed me that he looked me up on facebook and found another dealer closer to the town listed (I don't live there anymore) and he cancelled my appointment but didn't tell me. He proceeded to blame me for not following up or leaving my contact information (which I asked if he wanted on the phone).

Thankfully another dealership a bit further away was able to help me out somewhat quickly given the circumstances but I still lost 2 weeks of riding time thanks to this bonehead.

Myer Yamaha in ishpeming MI is an awesome dealer. I have purchased 3 new sleds from them because there service is top notch! Any problems with your sled no matter what brand, these guys will bend over backwards to get you back on the trail even if they have to stay late to get it done. two thumbs up for Greg and staff

100% agree! That is where I purchased my sled and they have fixed up several friends of mine immediately upon pulling into the parking lot on our trips

Myer Yamaha in ishpeming MI is an awesome dealer. I have purchased 3 new sleds from them because there service is top notch! Any problems with your sled no matter what brand, these guys will bend over backwards to get you back on the trail even if they have to stay late to get it done. two thumbs up for Greg and staff

Back