• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension rebound adjust

yamadoo

Yamadoo is a snowmobile ' aholic'.
Country
USA
Snowmobile
15 Viper STX DX red/white- GPS and KING AIR suspension 4kmiles
13 Apex XTX 45 anniversary RED/WHITE/BLACK 3K miles
10 Vector LTX Blue 9kmiles
11 Venture GT 4k miles
86 SnoScoot(2) for grand kids
This week end I began- with Mr Sleds help - to adjust my Mono shock rebound dampening. I understand turn out gets less rebound reistance and in more rebound resistance. ;)!

What I want to know is what do you feel on the sled with the rebound changes?

To little rebound dampening--does it come back to quick, How is that bad? so seat comes up to fast?

I can see if to much dampening then can not reset in time for next impact so less stroke.

I guess I just am having a hard time seeing any loss of performance or ride with a quick reset of spring length that equals ride height and normal suspension stroke.

To much time today to think\

Going up north tonight RIDE Tomorro

Yamadoo

Well if ur suspension is set stiffer than stock like mine because I have the spring set on 3rd c-clip it can buck you off ur sled during agressive riding and also its hard on the shock if its not adjusted right.

If the rear suspension kicks back too fast (not enough rebound control), it will not only bounce you around on the seat more but will also reduce your handling performance and traction because the track isn't planted consistently.
Ever see a car going down the treet with a blown shock or strut? The wheel is hopping and bouncing off the ground more than it is contacting the ground. Less traction and drive forward...

Less rebound damping = more pogo. There is a happy middle. If you put to much the shock will not have time to bring the ride height back up and after hitting many bumps in secession you could find the shock bottoming out and then the ride goes really really bad.
Try standing on the back bar and jumping up and down. How fast the skid comes back up is rebound damping. Turned low it will bounce and turned up it will come up very slow.

Back