• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

talk to me about meth injection on a nytro

yammi4ever

VIP Member
Ok, want some info on these kits. I have read a lot of the comments,but really wasn't serious about one till now. It looks like you will use near 1 gallon meth to a tank of fuel depending on how hard you are on the throttle.

Tell me who makes the best kit, where to mount the tank (or have a custom one made how is the installation done. If i put one on It must have a fail safe as I do not want it to fail and ruin my motor.

Feel free to add anything else i am forgetting to ask.

approximate costs would be great also.

This is on a powderlites kit and I doubt that I will change the injectors now so I would assume i will be maxed at 14# boost on 87 to 91 octane.

Thanks,

Kirk

Meth is a double edge sword. On one had it offers a solution to the power hungry pump gas guys. On the other your clutching, setting up your fuel , etc all depending on that meth system to work. If it fails not only does the kit fail so does your engine. There are some fail safes out now but then you start talking $1000-$2000+ for a kit. I personally love the concept I just cant get it to match my riding. We ride long weeks backpacking on trails and waking up in 30-40-50 below only to ride no matter what mother nature throws at us because we have to and I just dont trust all the componets to always work, or have access to good windshield washer fluid while packing.

Lots of guys run the kits, lots of them NEVER have a issue, I can't even count on one hand how many issues I have see on here where it failed...none maybe?

So its up to you. You can definitly get big power on pump fuel.

Hurricane probably has the most knowledge for snowmobile applications at least on projects they posted on this site. Give them a call.

Also prices are fairly reasonable compared to buying race fuel all winter. Between $500 and $800 depending on accessories. GPH would be a great question for Hurricane. That's where my kit is coming from.

Back