• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Td 285 vrs 290?

Ontarioviperxtx

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder xtx
16 viper xtx se SOLD
08 nytro rtx SOLD
So whats the difference in the td 285 vrs the 290 maps. I was told when I got the dash flashed but don’t remember.

I lost track of all the flashes. My max spool 17 is 290 and my buddies is 285. Who knows lol.

there really is to many flashes......

To me, all of them are a money grab. Like the bundles are great, but then you have to pay to get the dash refreshed to be able to switch from tune to tune it's a little much. I mean if you buy the bundle then it should come with the dash flash so you can change the tunes. All good tunes, I just I think there is a lot of upselling going on here, which IMO is starting to get a little ridiculous.

To me, all of them are a money grab. Like the bundles are great, but then you have to pay to get the dash refreshed to be able to switch from tune to tune it's a little much. I mean if you buy the bundle then it should come with the dash flash so you can change the tunes. All good tunes, I just I think there is a lot of upselling going on here, which IMO is starting to get a little ridiculous.
These guys have to recoup there investment some how. If you have a flasher you can change the tunes. The dash flash is a nice option I prefer and was willing to pay for. They have to have all the different flashes for all the different muffler configurations, fuel pumps, map sensors, etc., etc

These guys have to recoup there investment some how. If you have a flasher you can change the tunes. The dash flash is a nice option I prefer and was willing to pay for. They have to have all the different flashes for all the different muffler configurations, fuel pumps, map sensors, etc., etc
i get that... and they surely are...

How much do they have to recoup? They make constant changes so you believe you need it and buy ,wait to you see what’s coming next better and more advanced tunes, you’ll need them

What I cant figure is HOW are you guys clutching for all three tunes? I guess to me I would rather have ONE tune and really dial it in on clutching.. I was flashed in 17 when we were sending our ECU into Canada.. These early tunes did not have as many options and info like is available today.. I did upgrade since then but only to TD Powertrail and tune has been perfect... If and when I get another sled I will think of "upgrading" to all of the tunes and such.. BUT honestly at this point I like just a single tune.

What I cant figure is HOW are you guys clutching for all three tunes? I guess to me I would rather have ONE tune and really dial it in on clutching.. I was flashed in 17 when we were sending our ECU into Canada.. These early tunes did not have as many options and info like is available today.. I did upgrade since then but only to TD Powertrail and tune has been perfect... If and when I get another sled I will think of "upgrading" to all of the tunes and such.. BUT honestly at this point I like just a single tune.

I agree,

One single tune and closed loop is all I need. But maybe they need more time before closed loop are fully working?

Back