• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Team Secondary.

YAMAHAMMER101

Extreme
I have a 03 rx-1 and was wondering if anybody has run a team secondary. Or if they will fit or not. I have chance to get a new one and was going to get if it will work. Thanks in advance. :yam:

I have one on my 04 warrior love it :Rockon: .You wont need to worry about braking the plastic buttons off eather I did that on my sled. So I bought one from a member on this site rockmeister he was a big help.

I do belive the shafts are the same and its a bolt on takes only 5 min to pull the old one off and put the new one on. Takes a 14mm wrench to take the bolt off pull off the secondary and put 6 washers on the shaft that are included with the secondary. Put a dab grease on the end of the shaft and slide the new one on tighten the bolt put belt on check for slack and ride. :flag: :flag:

Get the one made for a yamaha, its a splined shaft.
Its a simple bolt on.
Just put a VERY light bit of grease on the shaft before you install it.
Too much grease is worse than none.

Here is the additional information I sent to 04 about it.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

The hardest part is installing the helix and spring, but it isn't that tough.
It's a simple bolt together and the secondary comes with instructions.

If you can change the spark plugs, you can do this!

The TSS04 is a little better than the 98 version.
It is larger in diameter (more bottom end) and 1 lb lighter, although it is definitely more money.

Not sure it has great performance benefits, but is much tougher than the stock one with broken button posts!

Thanks guys. I am getting one off a Polaris. So will have to see if it fits.
Im a tech at a polaris dealer and i have one. Just haven't had chance to look at my sled so i thought i would see if anybody else had done this. Thanks.

I have been messing with them all year.There a great clutch for the trail with excllent back shift.They are great with accelleration too.The only oroblem with team secondaries in top speed they bind.If you do evrything but top speed runs there a great clutch.

Hey Yammerhammer101 (if that is your real name),

I don't think the Team off the Polaris will fit; I think the splines are different. BUT, by an incredibly happy coincidence, I have a Team secondary from my Yamaha that I am willing to part with AND I am also from SW Ontario. Let me know if you are interested.

Peter

Back