• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Team tied

Who runs the tied and what noticeable differences do you see? Do you need to do the jack shaft as well or can you by the clutch itself and have ulmer set it up? I really like this on my sno pro 600 mod wondering if on my nytro I would

I'm not running the tied i do have the team clutch and yes u have to change the jackshaft . It does make a diff the kit that comes with the clutch works very good i changed to heavy hitters by thundershift they work awsome for me , I love the clutch i put one on every sled i get, I think ulmer was doing some testing with it last year give him a call he do not have anything on his web sit about it

I have the Tied and so far for mountain its been a very expensive failure but it does backshift good lol. I think there kit would work good on a trail sled it just has not been out long enough IMO to get a lot of info out there and since there are hardly any factory Helix's that would work for a 4 stroke tuning can get very expensive buying custom cut helix's when you have no baseline to go off. Want to buy a kit? ;)! I have absolutely no doubts that once tuned would be absolutely sick but for my sled/conditions there has been no R&D so I am frusterated.

09nytro said:
I'm not running the tied i do have the team clutch and yes u have to change the jackshaft . It does make a diff the kit that comes with the clutch works very good i changed to heavy hitters by thundershift they work awsome for me , I love the clutch i put one on every sled i get, I think ulmer was doing some testing with it last year give him a call he do not have anything on his web sit about it

What base weight are you using..50g?

I am very interested in the Tied, as I'm not a fan of the 3 $16.00 buttons to replace each year (yes I need to replace every year). Plus, the improved back-shifting sounds intriguing. A few friends of mine had Paragons and they seemed to like them. The nice thing about the Paragon was that you just change out the stub ($50). You don't need a new jackshaft. I was planning on going with a tied this year but $700 is a bit much. They need to make them fit the sled as is, I can buy a lot of buttons for $700.

shaddow44 said:
09nytro said:

What base weight are you using..50g?
48.5 base weight

I used the Team Tied secondary and clutch kit for about 2500 miles last season. Took a while to get it dialed in, but it does work better than stock. Backshift is amazing, engagement is way smoother and I picked about 5mph on top end. $700 is alot of cash, but I would do it again, made the sled way more predictable to ride, worked better on and off trail. Another bonus was the lack of belt wear. After 2500 miles the belt was exactly the same width as my brand new spare. I first season on the sled I replaced 3 belts in 3000 miles, that alone kind of offsets the cost of the kit.

Back