• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tech Library

Sled Dog

Lifetime Member
I think having a tech library in the tech section would be very helpful and useful for the site and anyone looking to do some of their own work. The library could be separated by type of machine, model and year. Then a list of precise, checked and approved for accuracy step by step process of doing certain jobs like changing oil in an 03 RX-1. These step by step instructions would be submitted by members of this site with pictures and text explaining the whole process. In fact a competition could then be held once a year for the best submission. A very good one would be how to install a ECP kit or clutching or even how to install a ski shim change a bulb you name it. That way if anyone needs to find out info on how to do a certain job it would be right there at your finger tips, for your sled and easy to find. It would also cut down on repeat asked simple procedures such as how to change oil. Another thought could be this be available only to VIP members or lifetime memberships to give members more incentive to help with the cost of running the site.

hmmm.....must have missed your original post, MrSled.... I could easily write a tech article on how to take your sled to the dealer :tg: Again, very good idea for us "intermediate" users.

How many posts have there been on how to shim skis? I really think if these how to guides were all in one place and easy to find it would reduce these types of repeat post dramatically. It would also provide a lot of info to the members who wish to do there work on their own and would be a great asset.

May be just me but a newbie looking for info on how to shim his ski's or change his oil would not look for it in the FAQ. He would be looking for something pertaining to what he is about to do. Like for a section called How to guides or Garage or Mechanics corner. On another forum I am on has such a place called a tech library and it is very handy to find out how to fix something or how to mod something.

Some of the FAQ could be moved there, I have no problem with having an area like that but some dont even look at the main site any more with all those Tech Articles.

Back