• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Test and tuning at the lake.

Tork said:
Hey Terry no prob, that is why we are all here, to help each other.

Terry, your posts where you are quoting someone dont work out right.
Are you hitting the quote button on the upper right of the post you want to quote? Somehow the {quote="Tork" ] is missing when you quote.

I think you might be doing a cut and paste or something, and /or using the quote button at the top of where you are posting.
Try using the quote button on the post you want to quote. That will do the work for you, nice and tidy, and all you have to do is type your comment above or below. :D

[sorry to be a little off topic with this Ted]

Tork I erased part of it so you wouldnt have to read all the way down. Terry

I would think you could order the windage plates off an srx or viper right from yamaha? Not sure what the cost for the OEM's is though...

SRXracer said:
I would think you could order the windage plates off an srx or viper right from yamaha? Not sure what the cost for the OEM's is though...

yes you can order them of an srx or viper but yammie stock plates are steel galvanized type material...very heavy and this is why maxxperf claims there are much lighter then stock,maxxperf came out with there light plates as a perf upgrade for srxs,meaning they were to replace srxs and save weight...

now i would bet with the 4 strokers NOT having plates ,maxxperf will be selling alot of these..i know i want to get a set.....

we put srxs plates on buddys and they are heavy!

dan

guys,..normally we have our track plowed off on my lake here all winter...anyone who knows me from dootalk knows i used to post threads for every sunday when i had my gun out last season..well,this season was very snowy,we had over 3 feet all in about a week fall in lake and we never were able to get it plowed this year.

next season we hope to be able to do alot more of what we love,radar and test clutching on sundays.....I will always post here as im now on a RTX,and no longer a mach guy...so,anyone who is interested remember the lake is in central ontario,about 2 hrs north of toronto...

Ill post when we are running..but as for this season we went from 4 feet snow to all water now...not sure if we will get any type of radar conditions at all this season now.

Dan

The plates I use on my apexgt I had had for years.I originally got them from maxx perf for my srx because they weigh less than half the heavy steel galvanized ones.The stock srx ones weighed over 1 lb where the aluminum ones weigh under a half of a pound.Carbon fiber would be even better but probably costly.

yammiman said:
Do those plates increase your clutch temps by much?
Ya they will increase the temps to the point of blowing a belt (bad) they are great for drag racing only,if you plan on riding hard thru heavy snow,dont install them for your ride,as i said before use them for racing only than take back off.

I ran most of Goebic on 6 inches of fresh snow twice last week, all of it over 60 MPH ans some of it over 100.
With the plates on, clutches (secondary) were warm but by no means hot.

What blew my mind is how hot the chain case gets tho.

Tork said:
I ran most of Goebic on 6 inches of fresh snow twice last week, all of it over 60 MPH ans some of it over 100.
With the plates on, clutches (secondary) were warm but by no means hot.

What blew my mind is how hot the chain case gets tho.
Tork at only 60 mph that is barley trail speed,when i mean wfo,i mean wfo for miles on end,all day long,i think for someone who rides like we do,they should stay in the toolbox,if all you are going to do,is play on the lake where you are keeping an eye on your clutches than i would say ok,but for the guy who wants to ride hard and forget about any problems,run them stock and forget about it!!

I never had the problem of hot clutches in any condition.I' ve used these plates in my 03rx1,05rx1 and now my apex.As long as you have a good clutch setup hot clutches should not be a problem.

I agree, I am very happy with my windage plates and am keeping them on. Even after a series of drag races, they get warm and not hot by any means

Back