• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The fix for 2006 clutches is.......

Righ after I got off the phone with you we found more problems with that press. Worked into the night and all Friday. Sat on the runway for 4 hours and then they cancelled my flight back to Wausau. So me and some nice folks I met rented a car. The trip was fun 25-45MPH all the way!! Just finally got home this afternoon. My wife ran a rolled up newspaper through the snowblower. Just fixed that. Oh well, some weeks are just a sh*t sandwich. :drink: I did get to ride on Wed so its not all bad.

Got the 06 clutch fix. It is new buttons and o rings for the one side of the 3 pair :D

No,
But the latest is, thanks to Lucas, is have your dealer talk to Larry in Tech at Yamaha. I suspect that this Larry is at the Pleasant Prarie WI Yamaha regional office.

05 Vector clutch

I just got to try out our new Vector last night. I found that the sled is great except that the clutch sounds like a diesel engine and it engages at 3500 rpms. Very jerky starting out if the rpms drop low it disengages making it jerky if you are on and off the gas trail riding. Is this the same for the rest of the Vector riders or do I need it looked at. Planning to call the dealer on Tuesday after I read about the noise fix.

Thanks for any replies

The vector and really all the R series require delicate thumb movements. A bit of a retraining from riding 2 strokes, but after 100 miles I had it down and was smooth with no harsh engagement.
The clutch does make it sound like a diesel but that problem is nearing history as the fix gets out there and guys get their sleds done.

i agree

Tork said:
The vector and really all the R series require delicate thumb movements. A bit of a retraining from riding 2 strokes, but after 100 miles I had it down and was smooth with no harsh engagement.
The clutch does make it sound like a diesel but that problem is nearing history as the fix gets out there and guys get their sleds done.

I agree with the retraining. I hated this at first, but now that I'm used to the different animal, I must throttle differently as I no longer have the condition.

As for the clutch noise, I hope Tork's right because after 700 miles mine is getting even noisier...

If anyone gets a part # that would be great..I'll see what my dealer says today

Back