• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The Hood Fix

Fox1_RX-1

Pro
Just wondering how many of you have been told by your dealer about the hood fix? Mine has yet to tell me and the only way that I knew about this was through this site. From what I read on here you are supose to rivet a rubber grommet to the handle bar/ tank cover support? Has anyone done this? Some of you have just ground down the screw head which is fine but I would like a Yamaha fix. I have kept my screws out all winter after finding out on this site that the screws were rubbing into the hood.

My hood is being warranted, no questions. IT was starting to spider crack though very small from rubbing the screws as stated.

I wish mine would tell me that. Just the rubber fix idea from my dealer.

calvinsblkrx1 good to hear that you are going to get it fixed. Yamaha and the dealers hate forums because as a large group of informed RX-1 owners we can ask for warranty because of the info we read.

NOS-PRO at least your dealer told you about the fix. I'm still waiting.

Hey NOS PRO----Goto a dealer who will warranty it, the hood should be a no brainer, I know of three hoods already covered under warranty here. Good luck. Why is there such inconsisitency with things that get warranteed anyway? What a pain in the #*$&@.

After I installed my Yamaha map bag the problem with the hood is gone. The way the retainer straps wrap around the upper bar frame, lets the hood rest on the straps.

Hood fix

I took a couple of those self stick felt pads for furniture and put them over the screws and have had no problems. They stayed on and stoped the scratching. The cost was about 50 cents.

mine has lg marks

I showed my dealer on a brand new one on show room floor and they were amazed that it has happened,but they offered no solution to mine and i just let two of mine almost wear thru,problem is they only go so far than stop wearing,now this is no fix and when hood is open it looks like crap,and i think yamaha owes us new hoods,but i am not holding my breath. :cry:

I can't really understand why some of these small issues that can be solved with a different screw or have all the RX-1s get the rubber grommets why it cannot get done. Sure it may cost 20 - 30 thousand to do all of the hoods but if they are going to start replacing hoods on all the 03s that would cost alot more. I guess if they only replace maybe 10 or 20 hoods that would be cheaper in the long run. I cannot remember if someone mensioned if the 04s have a fix for this problem. Does anyone know?

100 changes right

Yamaha claimes over 100 changes u would think this would be one of them if enough of us bitched about it loud enough.

I have the same problem and I noticed it after reading it here . I dad no miles on mine then.
Has anyone else had a problem with the clutch cover rubbing on the hood , mine is doing the same damage as the screw heads are but it is on the edge by the clutch cover .
I have told them about it but have heard nothing so far.
now that the season is done I will get it in
Ger

Hey calvinsblkrx1, Isn't that something about all the dealers saying different problems and fixes? Man, they should have a better computer system then what we have. Or maybe it comes down to the dealer fixing the problem? MMMMMM, let's see, take outt the gauges, windshield, headlights, hood screens, hinge assembly, MMMMMMM I don't know.

My dealer has told me that all the Ontario dealers have a web site so that they can talk to each other about different items related to Yamaha without Yamaha knowing. And I have mensioned before that the dealers and Yamaha do not like forums like this one. I guess info is spread to a wider audience. I would assume that the USA dealers would have a similar site to go to to discuss warranty issues and so forth. You would think with all of this sharing of info that all dealers would have a common warranty for all items listed on this site but it does not seem to be that way. One dealer is willing to cover the hood another is not. One dealer is letting thier customers know about the hood fix others are not. One dealer will warranty the seat others are not??????? Yamaha and the dealers need to get caught up with the internet and realize that we will bitch and complain to let others know of the few problems this sled had that most of these items need to be warranted. The hood problem has been known since when ? December yet Yamaha lets us run the sled knowing that it will wear and I would assume crack. Sorry to run on but it's the little things like this that bothers me.

Back