• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The Rockmeister Express

Kart16chrisw said:
Hey Rock how ya been!!
I talked to ya a bit last season and i copied your under tunnel exhaust!
I want to do the SC10 suspension this year and was hoping you could tell me how!lol Ive read your sled build forum 100 times but im just not sure about mounting. Do i have to drill out new placing for it or do you use the existing holes form the pro action skid? also the reinforcment plates you made and the rail extension with the 6 degree angle, is this something someone has made production or would you be willing to make a duplicate set for me and how much would you charge me?!?! Also was wondering if you changed anything with shocks or springs on the SC10 for improvment or if you feel the factories sufficed?
Thanks and let me no asap!!i need to get this puppy done B4 snow flies!! and its a must do as i demolished the junk no-action skid last season!! :o|
Chris

(Chris sent this to me as a PM, I posted it because many others have asked also. Thanks Chris! ;)! )

Hey Chris!

Wow! Lots of questions! lol
Is ok Dude, I asked alot also!
:Rockon:
Let's see...
You will NOT use any of the factory Yamaha mounting points.
Gave some of the measurement from those points though.
They make great references.

SC-10 III 121" Mounting points on RX-1

Front mount:
6-1/4" back from front factory mount. (Will clear with extrovert drivers.)
12" forward of middle factory mount.
6-1/2" down from outside top of tunnel.

Rear Mount:
23-1/2" from new front mount. Ctr to ctr
7-5/8" down from inside top of tunnel.

(The best place to get mounting point locations is from the donor sled.
Especially the front mount to rear mount Ctr to Ctr.)

Used the skid as it came, it does Very well. : )
Am sure it would do even better with better shocks & possibly a heavier spring.

If you need a skid, you are in luck, have a friend that has a SC10-3 skid right now. It has no shocks. He wants $100 + shipping from middle New York.
Not too bad a price, means you can get the shocks you want then.
(IE good ones! lol)

You need to make re-enforcing plates for the tunnel and new drop brackets for the rear mount(s).
Also stiffener plates for the rail extensions.

It's easier than you think, just take the measurements to Metals Supermarket and they will cut them to order.

All the plates can be made from 6061 aluminum.
All are 1/8" thick except for the rear drop brackets, they are 1/4" thick.
Take your time and round off the edges nicely with a grinder, belt sander etc.

The rail extensions were made by Lance at 406-755-6883.
He was pretty busy when he did mine. Don't know if he still is.

Would suggest trying custom tip-up rail extensions from CB Performance (Site Sponsor).
CB does really well from what I have seen.
Their extensions in particular look great!
(04rxw10 is using a set of CBs extensions in his sled build.)
Might consider maybe a 8 to 10 degree tip-up at the rear if they can do it.
Am going to increase my angle up at the rear, 6 just isn't quite enough.

If you take your time and make sure the mounts are right, it will turn out great!
The suspension is awesome! MAJOR improvement!
It will also be much tougher and easy to grease etc.

Hope this helps!

Rock :-o

The best advice if anyone one is considering a skid swap is the donor sled measurements. I went up to the local ski-doo dealership with my tape measure and took notes of a 136 Renegade Doo for my swap. Also, a set of good gas shocks valved to the rider weight makes a even better improvement on a good suspension to begin with. Take your time and measure 10 times if you have to. Its well worth the time and effort.

MODS TO YOUR SEAT

Hey Rock did you post any pics of the mods to you seat and your storage compartment I just picked up a rage seat for my 06 nytro I want the same height as my nytro but need the seat to be wider like the rage to give me more support for my hip and back if you did not have pics can you give me a brief rundown of measurements and dimensions if you have them

I cant find the measurements if I use the exact hole measurements off the doo doner sled will this work right

Posted the skid measurements up a few posts, here is the direct link:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=666047#666047
The doner sled gives the BEST measurements.

You can re-use some of the Yamaha factory mounting brackets, but not the rear ones.
Read the entire thread, it tells you quite a bit about how I made the brackets etc.
You CANNOT re-use the Factory Yamaha mounting holes, they simply do not line up.

Will try to get a pic of my RX-1 modified seat posted.
May also be selling the seat too.

Rock :-o

I put a 136 skid from an 05 doo renegade in my 04 Warrior. I will be posting some pics and measurements later this week.

On the SC3 keep an eye on the lower shaft that the center shock mounts to. We had several incidents in our group of that shaft either breaking free or bolt holes ovalling.

brendel - welcome to the site.

Please add your location to your user profile, it's a site requirement.

rxrider
TY Management Team

revster said:
On the SC3 keep an eye on the lower shaft that the center shock mounts to. We had several incidents in our group of that shaft either breaking free or bolt holes ovalling.

I had the exact same thing happen to mine.
Had to have the bolt holes re-welded & drilled out to correct size again.
Used LOTS of locktite this time.

Back