• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The Single Shot Solution Rev2!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX

Hygear Suspension has developed a coil over solution for the Yamaha Apex and Vector chassis using the single shot rear suspension.
Single Shot WS Rev2 visitb.jpg

The undersized stock 1.5 float shock is replaced with a much larger 2.0 Fox Coil-Over platform that is built using Hygear Suspension’s custom Fox H1 build specifications. This shock features a large capacity damping control that is more suitable for a single rear shock application. This shock also offers spring preload and low speed compression adjustment that provides reliable service for trail conditions. The shock kit comes with additional accessories needed for mounting that also helps improve suspension movement. Testing has proven there is major difference in ride performance that feels much more comparable to the original Yamaha Mono shock applications. The suspension now utilizes full travel to help smooth out the small to medium size high speed repetitive stutter bumps with improved bottoming resistance for larger moguls. The Rev2 kit features updated internal components, revised calibration and mounting hardware.

Visit the link below for more information:
https://www.hygearsuspension.com/products/fox-hygear-h1-apex-single-shot-2-0-ra-coil-over-rear-kit

Part #50-03-030-A, $819.99

50-03-030-A (1).jpg

50-03-030-A (3).jpg

Hygear Suspension has developed a coil over solution for the Yamaha Apex and Vector chassis using the single shot rear suspension.
View attachment 143514

The undersized stock 1.5 float shock is replaced with a much larger 2.0 Fox Coil-Over platform that is built using Hygear Suspension’s custom Fox H1 build specifications. This shock features a large capacity damping control that is more suitable for a single rear shock application. This shock also offers spring preload and low speed compression adjustment that provides reliable service for trail conditions. The shock kit comes with additional accessories needed for mounting that also helps improve suspension movement. Testing has proven there is major difference in ride performance that feels much more comparable to the original Yamaha Mono shock applications. The suspension now utilizes full travel to help smooth out the small to medium size high speed repetitive stutter bumps with improved bottoming resistance for larger moguls. The Rev2 kit features updated internal components, revised calibration and mounting hardware.

https://www.hygearsuspension.com/products/fox-hygear-h1-apex-single-shot-2-0-ra-coil-over-rear-kit

View attachment 143512
View attachment 143513

Thank you Hygear! Sounds like you did your R&D unlike Yamaha! I just wish Yamaha would stand behind their product. When I get close to paying off these sleds and their worthless YES warranty. I will definitely buy your product. You as far as I am concerned as good as Fast! No insult intended. Just wonder why they did not approach this issue. The best rear suspension I have ever bought.Was a Fast M10 with Titanium arms I bought from Dave Karpic on EBay. I picked this up at the Sawmill bar in Virginia Mn from him personally. He told me I got a great deal 136. I bought it for my 2001 modified Cat. He was right! took me many years to install this. I got jealous after I bought my Wife with MS a new 2016 Vector with PS. So now I am stuck with 2 Vectors with defective rear shocks that they won't fix! My wife even commented on my last ride last year because I rode my Cat and let my youngest son ride my Vector. She said you sure were enjoying yourself. I was in the
Lead. I told her it was because of the better suspension. And lighter weight. By the way my son found a spot to play on the Vector and he was all smiles!

Last edited:
Good to see companies making shocks for the singleshot suspension.

What's the difference with the fwd coupler blocks in the kit?

View attachment 143514

View attachment 143512
View attachment 143513

Love these guys...only a few hours away, so I dropped off a pair of old monoshock's from my 06 apex and a newer vector, to get the dual rate setup..nice clean shop, and super helpful. The dual rate setup is top quality and works great! Minimized g out bottoming, yet still gives a plush ride! If they say it, it will do it, imo! And they give choices...my oem shock shaft was pitted, so they can make a new one, refinish the old, or get another shock. Nice to have choices and prices.

Has anyone installed one of these shocks on there there single shot just wonder how it working thanks

I installed a elka stage 4 in my 16 apex which i bought new ,rode 1 season with silly stock shock and didnt want to deal with updated shock (hygear had not come out with a shock yet) . Its not a bad shock but i dont think they tested it much ,Hygear much better but Ill stick with it for another season. Whats really a bummer is Yamaha continued to make this great sled with this garbage suspension for 2 more years ,knowing it was crap . I love my apex but next sled will not be a Yamaha.

Last edited:

Back