• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The things I don't like about my Viper

When yamaha made a mistake you where crying al over the net like a little biyatch, when cat makes a mistake its all good right?

09nytro said:
fxnytroxtx said:
09nytro said:
:jump: over some stupid torx screws : you wish you wouldn't have sold your nytro :jump: now that's funny :jump:
nigga please

What ?
I just thought it was the funniest thing
I like the sled for the most part, I'll get custom axis for too if I want to. Things that might have been a problem for you with nytro where not problems for others, not saying it didn't have them, but let's face it no dip sticks no drain fill holes, steaming like a locomotive train, striped srews and bolts oil problems?

fxnytroxtx said:
Yamadog said:
Stiff?? have you adjusted your skid and shock pressures?
everything is on softest setting, I could be spoiled by the axis I had on my nytros tho

Well then put one on this thingy cause I have ridden several stock nytros shorty and xtx and there is no comparrison the Viper is hands down a better handling and feeling sled in the stock form. When I first rode mine it was stiff then found 150 lbs in the rear shock backed her down and rides like a caddy

Yamadog said:
fxnytroxtx said:
Yamadog said:
Stiff?? have you adjusted your skid and shock pressures?
everything is on softest setting, I could be spoiled by the axis I had on my nytros tho

Well then put one on this thingy cause I have ridden several stock nytros shorty and xtx and there is no comparrison the Viper is hands down a better handling and feeling sled in the stock form. When I first rode mine it was stiff then found 150 lbs in the rear shock backed her down and rides like a caddy
define handling? Yes like the viper better in terms of taking high speed turns with one hand ;)! But in ride quality the nytro (with axis) was a blast to ride thru bumps and moguls and I know most of you won't agree with most me

Are you talking the Penske shocks?? if so just go with evol rc2's they are even more adjustable. I did not even ride mine with the stnd fox float 3's

Attachments

• 1 Viper Evol Shocks.jpg
    1 Viper Evol Shocks.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 83
My 450 lb 165hp 800 twin will kick all y'all's asses! I'll see your steam and raise you some two smoke... ;):D

Re: fit and finish

Suckur said:
bigdog_mike said:
It will be a nightmare to install the side panel out on the trail in cold temp...think it should have used yamaha side panel fasteners instead of lock and swing together then wrestle with plastic panels, all the torx screw plating will rust before your eyes...could they atleast made the fasteners with metric machine threads and hex bolts for crying out loud...tore off the hood to access light pod...good luck getting it to fit back together...way too many torx screws into plastic...come-on at least add clips so you can reassemble...
The side panels are very easy to install. The torx fasteners do not rust. I've ridden this chassis for over a year and have never experienced what you are describing here.

x2. Side panels are a breeze. Not the best fitting out there but takes 2 seconds to pull and put back on. I will take removing these panels over the lower apex/vector panels any day of the week.

Yamadog said:
Are you talking the Penske shocks?? if so just go with evol rc2's they are even more adjustable. I did not even ride mine with the stnd fox float 3's
those look sweet. But we had bad luck with fox air shocks in the past leaking air freezing up, on 2013 800 rr and on 09 nytro se in one season. I rode both and I prefer penske coil overs, yes they weight a little more but that hasn't been an issue for me (weight) I hear good things about ohlins ttx and I have yet to try them

Oh and there's just one more thing that I don't like is that huge awkwardly positioned throttle lever, my thumb still hurts :hide:

Back