• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking About Adding Small, Flat Tunnel Ext. Heat Exchanger

Frostbite

TY 4 Stroke God
As you know, the rear coolant cross over tube runs right under the back of the seat on an RX-1M. Right where it crossed on the short track RX-1s. I did have a Yamaha rear heat exchanger several years ago but, at that time I decided not to use it.

I'm not really running into overheating issues but, I noticed in all my pictures in the deep stuff that the underside of my tunnel extension is completely covered in several pounds of snow and ice. I'd like to eliminate some of that weight if possible.

So, I am looking for a flat rear heat exchanger that would mount completely inside the tunnel extension of my sled. So, it can't be any wider than 16" (including the 90 degree coolant line attachment points).

My goal is to have it mount flat with the two 90 degree elbows facing foward toward the front of the sled and fit completely inside the tunnel extension. I want to run the cooling lines along the inside upper corners of the tunnel extension.

I swore I saw such a cooler as an aftermarket product in someones catalog.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have searched E bay for weeks for what I'm looking for and haven't seen it yet.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Frosty

Thanks Guys, but I am looking for a heat exchanger that's flat and measures 16" wide or less including the coolant line elbows.

I know I have seen them before but I can't seem to find it again.

Hopefully, my descriprion is clear?

Frosty

What about a rear cooler off a Vector Mtn? I can measure mine if you want. Just gotta find a wrecked one somewhere I guess. My rear cooler along with the running board coolers keep my Vector Mtn nice and cool.

Goldfinger911, please do measure your rear heat exchanger.

Do the cooling lines to the cooler run INSIDE the tunnel extension?

I'm just looking for a nice clean looking setup. I was even thinking of using copper pipe (with rubber connectors on the ends) for a portion of the coolant lines between the running board heat exchangers and the rear heat exchanger to help disapate even more heat.

Frosty

Ok, I measured my rear cooler. The body of the cooler is 12" wide. The pipes both come out of the cooler on one of the long edges, point forward, then make a right turn, and go through the side of the tunnel, then make another 90 degree turn to face forward. The tunnel is 16" wide, and if I measure from the side of the tunnel to the outside edge of the pipe where the rubber coupling attaches, it is an additional 1 1/2". So, the overall width of the cooler, with pipes is 19".

Now, the pipes where they initially come out of the cooler, are less than 12" outside edge to outside edge. I would think you could cut there, flare the ends and use a rubber or silicone coupling to some copper tubing to run to your side coolers and you would never see it.

It is dark right now, but tomorrow when it is light, I can take a few pics of the underside and show you what I am thinking. Hope this helps.

-GF911

Back