• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle Flare / Thumb warmer question

Arctic Express

Extreme
Just got a Throttle Flare for wife"s sled. Suppose to be easier on the thumb. Instructions say drill a 1/8 in hole in throttle control and be careful of the thumb warmer. Question is the rubber pad that encloses the thumb warmer dose a heat wire run around the parimeter of the pad or is there something in the middle of the pad I should avoid when I drill the hole. I don"t want to ruin her thumb warmer or she really will be upset. Thanks

Im pretty sure if you drill a hole threw the wamer you will be taking risk of ruining the heater element..

Even if yo dont ruin it.. THat added piece of plastic sint going to allow much heat to transfer threw it in to your glove..

Thanks. I was wondering also whether there be a heat lose on the warmer. I"m going to drill a hole just barely thru the plastic and let the screw thread itself the rest of the way. If it doesn"t work I'll throw in the box with some other stuff I've bought over the years that didn"t work.

Back