• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thundercat Track Skip/Bump

Rossv123

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Thundercat
I have a 2018 Thundercat and when I go WOT I can feel like a skip or a bump that feels like it is coming from the track. It only happens when I hold it wide open. Any ideas on what it could be? Sled is tuned and has 3000 miles.

Thanks

How is the track tension , likly ratchiting or skipping on drives or chain case going in and out of gear , upper gear bushing warn out !

I've had instances where you'd swear the track was ratcheting on the winder and it was the belt slipping in the secondary grabbing and bitting. So either that or it is actually ratcheting the track.

How are the alum track tensioning blocks? Are they cracked and broken allowing the track to loosen under power? Track too loose? Studding cuts the cording in the track and will allow the track to ballon at speed too.

Track ratchet typically only happens on the hole shot if you have good traction on ice, but with these trail sleds, they will ratchet because of a ballooning track or a track that is too loose, or because of the suspension moving under load as well loosening the track as it goes thru its travel.

Track has to be set tighter for a sled with studs and tuned.

I've had instances where you'd swear the track was ratcheting on the winder and it was the belt slipping in the secondary grabbing and bitting. So either that or it is actually ratcheting the track.

How are the alum track tensioning blocks? Are they cracked and broken allowing the track to loosen under power? Track too loose? Studding cuts the cording in the track and will allow the track to ballon at speed too.

Track ratchet typically only happens on the hole shot if you have good traction on ice, but with these trail sleds, they will ratchet because of a ballooning track or a track that is too loose, or because of the suspension moving under load as well loosening the track as it goes thru its travel.

Track has to be set tighter for a sled with studs and tuned.

I am going to check the track tension after the sled thaws for a bit.
It doesn't matter the speed I can be cruising at 70 and it only happens when I go wide open. Same thing happens if I go wide open from a stop.

Getting snow on belt possibly.
Snow coming in from top of tunnel to heat exchanger location.

I think that I have it figured out. I tightened the track according to the precision efi video to 1/2" it was at about 2 1/2"

I think that I have it figured out. I tightened the track according to the precision efi video to 1/2" it was at about 2 1/2"
Glad you got it. The responses I read and I’m like > well not much to add here. Mike hit it with both possibilities I see. Great site eh?

Glad you got it. The responses I read and I’m like > well not much to add here. Mike hit it with both possibilities I see. Great site eh?
Yup pretty great.
Hopefully that solves the issue.

Back