• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

timber sled question

I just spoke to timbersled. They recommend to increase the front shock air pressure and to decrease the rear and probably add the 1/4 inch shim to the top of the slide mechanism.

In essence the front shock will resist the couple effect allowing more weight transfer. kind like a teeter totter if you will.

By adding the 1/4inch shim to the top of the slide mechanism it will lower the over all height of the rear bumper 1 1/2 inches.

They also said it is very easy to add and remove the top shim in the field as you just remove the top bolt.

I am not going to increase the front shock as i think it will be too stiff. I am going to decrease the rear shock pressure.

They also said to run just enough pressure in the rear as so the rear arm does not bottom out.

Good Find akvector. Ive dedicated my next ride to dialing in my suspension, even told my riding buddies so its not a surprise when im stopping every 10min. Got the Zip ties on ready to go. Planning on adjusting the shocks where i like them then adding shims to the top if need be.

was able to ride today. we did not have any real amount snow though. at one point i was actually riding tundra and squishing old blueberries!!

Front shock 85 rear shock 125. seem to transfer alot better. riding trail back pville road for those of you who know. 70mph the zip ties were all the way at the bottom.
slower speeds over bumps zip ties were staying up.

I am going to increase the front shock and the rear by a few pounds.

I am paying for it now believe me. by the time we got back to the truck my hands were stuck to the bars.

I did not try the shim. I am going to increase the pressure in the front shock to 90 and i am only going to put a couple punds in the rear one. I will try the shim this weekend.

there was not enough snow to test tune.

I have been following all your threads about the TS and have been learning a little more about the skid. I am having a different problem. I have a non-boosted 08' Nytro with 162 TS, Aaen pipe, undertunnel exhaust. I have been playing with the suspension for sometime now and finally have it working the way I like it. BUT, I cannot get it to stop ratcheting. My setup is 85lbs in front, 135 rear, no shims on top or bottom and the limit straps are about all the way out (can't remember the exact hole). The track is so tight that the rear wheels are bulging the track out. I first thought the drive shaft was spinning in the drivers, I can't see anything obvious that it is happening. I don't see how the track could be ratcheting. Has anyone heard of a stock Nytro spinning the drive shaft. The only thing I have yet to try is tighten up limiters, don't really want to because I like a lot of transfer. Anybody have any ideas or have you seen this problem before? Any help would be great!

ymaharider said:
I have been following all your threads about the TS and have been learning a little more about the skid. I am having a different problem. I have a non-boosted 08' Nytro with 162 TS, Aaen pipe, undertunnel exhaust. I have been playing with the suspension for sometime now and finally have it working the way I like it. BUT, I cannot get it to stop ratcheting. My setup is 85lbs in front, 135 rear, no shims on top or bottom and the limit straps are about all the way out (can't remember the exact hole). The track is so tight that the rear wheels are bulging the track out. I first thought the drive shaft was spinning in the drivers, I can't see anything obvious that it is happening. I don't see how the track could be ratcheting. Has anyone heard of a stock Nytro spinning the drive shaft. The only thing I have yet to try is tighten up limiters, don't really want to because I like a lot of transfer. Anybody have any ideas or have you seen this problem before? Any help would be great!

I remember a few guys on here last year were having a simular issue. They found out that the drivers are spinning on the drive shaft. They fixed the issue with Avid drivers.

OR

Since you said you have the limiter strap all the way out I would check out your rail caps and see if you have a lot of wear on them. Good chance that your track is hitting the rail caps which is making a ratcheting sound. Do you have a anti-stap wheel kit?

I almost bought the avid drivers, but want to make sure I need them before I buy them. I might have to pull the drive shaft/drivers out so I can take a better look at them. I do have the anti-stab wheel kit, but I am going to check the rail caps when I get back home later this week.

if you still have the stock drivers that would be my first guess. I spun the stock drivers with a bone stock Nytro. Have switched to Avids and never looked back, Its actually amazing how loose you can run a track with the avids.

Back