• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Timbersled Rear Skid - That Good?

Butta said:
Care to elaborate?? Better and then some, in what ways??

Well the main thing is the ride, The EZ ride name says it all I liked the stock ride and with the Mtn Tamer it wasn't as smooth of a ride the traction was good but you couldn't keep the skis down with Big power the EZ keeps the skis down and hooks up extreemly well. For most I think the Mtn Tamer will work well but you loose ride quality. I haven't had time to realy play with settings on the EZ to get it 100% the way I would like to see it but I hope to this weekend. Just my $.02 If you have a chance to try one I would recomend it.

anymore Timbersled owners want to elaborate?

Looking to improve approach angle of Stock 2009 Nytro MTX skid. Rx1M5 Arctic Cat/ Timbersled hybrid running 156CE looks like the best combination.

Tired of trenching with stock skid and Maverick track.... with this setup I will know it is my newbieness and lack of skills and nothing else!!

Having not ridden EZRyde, I cannot comment on it...but if there is something better than Timbersled, I would be amazed...that being said...we still have Coke, Pepsi, RC, and Western Family...

For me T-Nytro (around 200-230 HP) the TImbersled will perform insanely well...I have gone over 80 degree vertical with Timbersled, and yes wheelies happen, but when you are 80+ degrees, all skids will wheelie...however, if I wanted skiis down, I could suck up the limiter straps and increase my rear shock pressure to accomodate...

However, for me, overall riding a little climbing and a little jumping, and mostly boondocking, the set up I have is perfect...

Most issues with Timbersled come from a lack of good set up and or lack of understanding the components or not following directions...

glad to have anyone ride my sled and find out for themselves...

Sorry I wasn't clear in my earlier post. From everything I have seen the Timbersled product and Allen in particular have a pretty stellar reputation, I am sold on the Timbersled setup.

I was trying to see if Timbersled owners noticed a difference in the length of the front Timbersled swingarm vs. stock front swingarm length and/or if the approach angle was better.

Timbersled claims the rear of the tunnel sits higher which should help it from getting hung up in the snow. I watched Allen's explanation of Mtn Tamer suspension on Youtube and it all sems to make sense. Just trying to get the best bang for my buck with either Mtn Tamer for Nytro OR Mtn Tamer for Arctic Cat modified to work with Nytro to decrease the approach angle (similar to 2010 Nytro SE).

Trying to keep the rear of the track from trenching so bad.

approach angle is a direct measurement of the drive shaft-mounting point and the rails...these do not change unless you change one of the three locations...

So, unless you move it back in the tunnel (mounting points) or drop and roll, or change angle of rails then you will not alter the approach angle...

the rear tunnel clearly sits higher...and it clearly stops it from getting hung up...or allows you to trench more :)

I have installed a bumper mod as well, and that too helps with not getting hung up...

Hi, is was wondering about the Timbersled kitt. How does it stand ruff treatment vs the original. Bumps and jumps. Does it break easier then the originale ?
Are there som issues on this kits.
Does this kitt eliminate wheele totaly, i think its funny to do wheeles. Timbersled vs originale, is it harder to do wheeles ? Stock engine.

thanks

ntm

you can do a wheelie with any suspension...but the timbersled is easier to control your weight balance....

I am not a small guy, and I ride a lot harder than the average sledder...I got through a lot of parts...I am yet to go through a Mtn Tamer (timbersled rear) part yet...other than the bushings..but that was an easy fix...

Timbersled will take a LOT of abuse, and just keep smiling...

Is there some issues with the drop bracket ? Folding tunnel. To small bracket ? Does the originale bracket fit the timbersled ?

Thanks

no issues at all with my timbersled drop bracket...

lots of internet talk about things...generally speaking...not a lot of facts to back them up...

No wasnt the kind of thing I think, run get a camera, for. I sold the skid and drop brackets. I went to a ezryde and they use a bracket that is the same dimensions as the stock brackets. Way wider, distributes the load better.

ntm_08 said:
T-Nytro said:
Mine did, just infront of the drop bracket.

Do you have a picture.? Thinking of making i stronger bracket my self.

ntm

We are currently in the design phase of drop brackets that will end these issues, and offer a much greater rigidity to the tunnel...

MotoPsycho said:
ntm_08 said:
T-Nytro said:
Mine did, just infront of the drop bracket.

Do you have a picture.? Thinking of making i stronger bracket my self.

ntm

We are currently in the design phase of drop brackets that will end these issues, and offer a much greater rigidity to the tunnel...

When is this bracket done and redy for sale ?
I need it soon :)

I would like one of these reinforced or new drop bracket you are talking about. Let me know when you have one for sale?
thanks

Back