• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tipped Up Rails

17 Viper XTX

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Viper XTX
I own a 2017 Viper XTX SE. Do these come standard with tipped up rails? Kinda hard to tell by looking at them.

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:

It would be even harder for me because I don't know what they are so could someone provide a little basic info like what are they, what are they good for and anything else that comes to mind.

It would be even harder for me because I don't know what they are so could someone provide a little basic info like what are they, what are they good for and anything else that comes to mind.
Instead of the rails being straight they have a bend towards the rear of the skid and tip up. Can run a longer track and get float in deeper snow but when on trail handles more like a short track

put a straight edge on your rail, or pull a string down it

I own a 2017 Viper XTX SE. Do these come standard with tipped up rails? Kinda hard to tell by looking at them.

Thanks in advance. :)
Your rails are straight.

That was available only on Yamaha Japan built 144 skids. Put over 10,000 miles on my Apex XTX with one.

Back