• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

To Get hitched or not....

hardcor_32

Extreme
Country
Canada
I've always backpacked it in when I've gone fishing, but am curious if anyone has put a hitch on they're Apex to tow a sleigh. I have a 2010 Apex GT shorty and an upcoming fishing trip in a couple weeks. I realize this isn't the sled for towing but wondering about any issues or regrets from ppl who have done it.

Thanks

I've pulled one behind my attak several times. I've had several issues the biggest one being that beers magically vanish out of the cooler.

On a serious note obviously don't head for three feet of powder and it does fine.

Pulled ice fishing sleigh no problem miles and miles all conditions with stock bumper.

Attachments

• DSC02258.JPG
    DSC02258.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 78
I would recommend the yamaha one if hauling heavy as it is braced way better. I know my brother pulled a pop-up ice shack off a lake with 3' of snow, 1st foot and a quarter was slush. Warrior squatted in the snow and then he punched it. Slush arced over the shack and he was doing 50 mph within 200 feet and picking up speed. Guy said his shack had never moved that fast before. He was going to try and pull it with a 550 fan touring cat that already was having trouble with the snow.

Do it all the time with my Apex and Phazer. 2 man Frabil sled house with auger and all my gear in sled. Guessing weighs around 400 lbs. Can hardly tell its back there. The sleds slide very easily. Just make sure the sled is not frozen to the lake before you take off.

Back