• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Toe hold caps

Cubby

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Ski Doo 900 ACE Renegade Adrenaline
2007 Yamaha Phazer GT
I've always wanted to plug the open toe holds on the Phazer. I went to home Depot and for under $4 I bought a set of 4 - 29 mm inside diameter/40 mm outside diameter rubber leg tips. A little silicone and they fit perfectly.

Attachments

• P1050489.JPG
    P1050489.JPG
    479.5 KB · Views: 61
  • P1050491.JPG
    P1050491.JPG
    322.3 KB · Views: 53

It will also save your cover if you use one.Those edges are sharp.Cut holes in my brand new cover first time I used it.Great fix!

cannondale27 said:
It will also save your cover if you use one.Those edges are sharp.Cut holes in my brand new cover first time I used it.Great fix!

Another good reason to put them on.

cannondale27 said:

Don't forget your shins! I still have scars from those buggers.

Ruckus said:
cannondale27 said:

How did you cut your shins on the side of those tow holds?

especially through your boots and pants.

zackn291 said:
Ruckus said:
cannondale27 said:

Very painfully.

Ruckus said:
zackn291 said:
Ruckus said:
cannondale27 said:

Very painfully.

I think it's story time! ;)!

I had a local seat upholstry place sew roughly a 1' strip of black sled seat material on the inside of my cover, works great.

Cubby said:
I've always wanted to plug the open toe holds on the Phazer. I went to home Depot and for under $4 I bought a set of 4 - 29 mm inside diameter/40 mm outside diameter rubber leg tips. A little silicone and they fit perfectly.
Anybody ever remove them? They seem to be in the way sometimes.

i hate them, but when your in a tricky situation i wiggle my foot under there and throw myself over to pull the sled back on track. their there for a reason i suppose. i too have smashed my shins on them, and the spindles while walking around the sled in the garage.

BombaPolaYama said:
Cubby said:
Anybody ever remove them? They seem to be in the way sometimes.
I was gonna. The guy that owned the local dealer removed his because he almost broke his leg when his boot got stuck. If you are riding the phazer hard, you need to be able to jump from side to side and use all your weight to flick it around. (This is speaking from a 170lb standpoint - 220 lbers might be able to use their weight more efficiently). Seriously considered removing them but the way they are mounted made for a PITA to remove.

I haven't had a chance to ride mine yet in the snow yet but on my rmk I used the toe hols alot to pull myself from one side of the seat to the other

I can't imagine try to boondock without the told holds. Thats the only way I stay attached when I am jumping from side to side and leaning way over the side of the sled.

Back