• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Toe Hold Height Change

canoehead

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 XF9000, 2016 Viper XTX
Does anyone have a mod or idea on how to increase the height of the Phazer toe hold? Last season my wife got thrown and her boot got stuck in the toe hold. She got bruised up but it could have been allot worse. Anyway she has asked me to look at opening it up some. Just wondering if there are aftermarket or do I have to do some customizing? (Maybe get wife with smaller feet? LOL)
Thanks in advance

Same thing happened to me on a hard sideways landing but only once.Cant count the number of times they saved me from being thrown off especially before I got suspension to work properly.I am thinking you will need to custom make some.Adjustable would be nice since foot and boot size varies.

I have had my boot get caught in the foot well more times than not. One time sent me to the hospital. You can't remove them as they are a support feature on the tunnel. Easiest fix is to get some ABS pipe and cut two pieces four inches long. Split it the other way and put over the toe hold. It should spin easily and the boot will never stick in there again. ;)!

I found they generally only do one thing well; trap snow.
I sometimes ride with ski boots, and upon finding they were the perfect height to lock over the toe buckle, off they came.
5 minutes with sawzall and drill.
No loss of structural integrity.
YMMV

Back