• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top gear 36mm nut is it a reverse thread

Thanks, where can a get a real tool to get that nut off. I have a 12" cresent wrench but that only opens to 35mm. I have been to two auto parts places and a 36mm socket at best is only 3" deep. I have a TON of tools but nothing that will get into this spot with this 36mm size. Will Harbour Freight have what I need? Doug

Micro Belmont:
616-534-9681 or 616-532-2337

Micro would be fine if my parts wern't on the floor with 20" expected in the next 24 hours. I could put it back together in a pinch. I also have the SXR as a backup. I will check a few other places locally tonight. Buster696 might have that tool as well. Thanks for the help. Doug

Go to the flea market and get a socket for like 5 bucks then cut it in 1/2 and weld a piece of tubing between the 2 halfs thats how I did it.

I got a Harbor Freight Tools in my area at home...bought a huge adjustable cresent wrench for $9.99....gotta love that store!

and YES the threads are normal,You might need a buddy to HOLD the secondary in place when you loosen nut...I tried a wrench on secondary bolt but it just loosened secondary bolt then...LOL.

good luck!

Dan

Yamaholic22 said:
holding the brake works good too

LOL I wish it was that easy...unfortunately when you are changing your top gear the first thing you remove is your BRAKE!..

So obviously holding brake wont work.

Dan

lol, you're right. I haven't had one of the four stroke chaincase's apart yet, i was thinking of ALL the other yammy's that i've had apart hundreds of times. Gotta make the conversion in my head, im new to the four stroke camp. Really is a whole new ball game on a lot of fronts.

I think I remember seeing a special set of tools on here for holding the jackshaft and torqueing the nut that sold for around $36. If anyone has the part number and source for those tools I would appreciate it.

Jim

Shootinstick said:
I think I remember seeing a special set of tools on here for holding the jackshaft and torqueing the nut that sold for around $36. If anyone has the part number and source for those tools I would appreciate it.

Jim

you will have alot easier time finding a big ole crecent wrench...probably find one online for very cheap...try a search on "pittburgh" tools...10 bucks at any harbor freight

dan

Back