• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top gear 36mm nut is it a reverse thread

Nope normal threads.
I'm taking my jackshaft off right now and really struggling taking that nut off on top, you are saying that it is left hand to loosen and right hand to tighten? Cuz I've got a big wrench on there and another big wrench for leverage and I can't get that thing off

I'm taking my jackshaft off right now and really struggling taking that nut off on top, you are saying that it is left hand to loosen and right hand to tighten? Cuz I've got a big wrench on there and another big wrench for leverage and I can't get that thing off
I have an 03 Yamaha rx1

Just had mine apart for track change, 2003 rx1/ltx (now) its definetly standard Lh thread to loosen, I bought a socket cut it in half& made a socket that way you can torque the nut back on, also you can put a big adjustable on the hex of the track driveshaft to help keep everything from turning,

Attachments

• 490AE303-960E-4899-9149-9C2EE2E61C3B.jpeg
    490AE303-960E-4899-9149-9C2EE2E61C3B.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 85
Righty tighty, lefty loosey :D
That's what I've been doing, I have 2 wrenches each are like 2 feet long, I use one for leverage and I did put a crescent wrench on the axle to help stuff from moving, still no go. I will try the socket, only option I have now..

That's what I've been doing, I have 2 wrenches each are like 2 feet long, I use one for leverage and I did put a crescent wrench on the axle to help stuff from moving, still no go. I will try the socket, only option I have now..
Wow that’s not good, threads appear good& not previously stripped? Maybe someone didn’t have a socket to torque it& used lock tite? Shouldn’t be that tight I beleive torque is only 65 ft lbs, maybe try some heat to help expand nut& break loctite if it was used

I use a socket with my large breaker bar to take of that nut. I also have the socket for the other end of the shaft to help hold it. It better than trying to use the driveline to hold everything still.

Back