• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top Gear Replacement Help

But add a tune and a little bit of clutch adjustment.. Is it still slower to reach speed? And it should still have power to pull max RPM at the higher top speed. I have read here the tune will improve fuel economy too. Will I get the fuel economy to match my Sons 2009 Vector? I consistently use a gallon more per fill up. Not all that important, but if any of what I stated turns out to work, I will be happy. From what I recall it turns closer to 6000 rpm at 60 mph I like seeing it only drops 200 rpm, but i wonder if it could be more without becoming a dog.

It wouldn't be a dog without a tune, it just won't make a big difference moving to 22t without the tune. The tune, like the hurricane 240 SS will make the biggest difference in fun factor and according to Dave, it has the best mileage of their tunes if you are looking for the best of both worlds. The 21T is actually a pretty good compromise between quick and fast. Lots of guys go one way or another with gearing depending on what they are looking for (corner to corner or big trail cruising, chasing top end, etc) and yes, more power means it can carry more gear.

The chart I posted was pure translation of MPH to RPM on paper. Your real world will be slightly different depending on many factors but it is a good comparison of how the gears will compare to each other.

GEaring doesn’t change fuel mileage much, but going from a stock muffler to a performance muffler definetly helps

Are there any pictures of a stock muffler cut open? The don't look very restrictive just peaking in the ends.
What is the difference?

Are there any pictures of a stock muffler cut open? The don't look very restrictive just peaking in the ends.
What is the difference?

I think @NYTurbo was talking about a performance muffler plus a tune to get the best mileage improvement

The stock can is not that restrictive for the stock power levels+. Both TD and Hurricane can get into the 270-280 class HP with the stock muffler but at some point you are not going to be as efficient doing so. Dave @ Hurricane says that the 240SS and stock muffler are the most efficient combo and you can maximize this with the closed loop option.

What is the difference?
There isn't that much inside the stock muffler as I've cut some open myself. There doesn't need to be as turbos cancel a lot of noise. The largest gains with the stock muffler mods come from the larger inlet and outlets.

Back