• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top Speed AND The Yamaha Apex.... Whats the dreameter sayin?

http://www.powerbygns.com/Products.html. I'm just reading the last page here so sorry if this means nothing as far as what the apex motor is capable of and what mods work but these guys are THE experts on stage tuning this motor.

Certainly some really cool but, EXPENSIVE bits. I disagree with their initial statement about the shortcomings in the stock apex injectors and ignition. Stock injectors have been proven to be good to 250hp. Even their own website says 300 hp. And almost any stock ignition system can be improved. I have even tried aftermarket high energy coils on various performance bikes with little to no improvement. Most of what they offer seems to be centered around high hp turbo installations. That cnc ported head caught my eye but, at the price they are charging was 3 times what hurricane performance charges. I think most of what they are offering is only for the serious racer or trail rider with REALLY DEEP pockets. Way too rich for my blood.

Last edited:

Hey Dave! Haven't seen you around here for awhile, glad I peaked your interest in this thread again. FYI for you guys, I just pulled 118MPH on GPS on snow this past weekend.:-o

Hey Pete, pretty good numbers! I assume that's for the Apex. Ya, I'm always hangin around here this time a year. Finally got mine out on the trail for the first time in 2 years. Runnin great! Rode with a new 2018 800 cat over the weekend. Didn't get to run em off as the cat was brand new (first ride) but I think I could have taken him.

Very happy with my new tune. even seems like its getting better gas mileage! Alright man, stay in touch. Give me an update on your tune if you have tried it. Let me know what ya think.

BTW have a little work to do, something's wrong with my reverse. Gonna dig into it tomorrow or Thursday. Have a big warm up comin. gonna melt all of our snow.

I've ran my '13 xtx against the gps. 115mph speedo was 112.3 gps. 2011 and up apex is almost spot on with the speedo

Back