• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top Speed AND The Yamaha Apex.... Whats the dreameter sayin?

ROCKERDAN said:
stone88 said:
You are starting to remind me of a 5 year old that wants a toy and won't stop jumping up and down and screaming till he gets what he wants, now thats childish.Why would I tell you my secrets if I did it wouldn't much of one if I did so here it is in plain English for you, " I WILL NEVER TELL YOU ANYTHING" is that simple enough for you.
Have a Happy New Year.

thanks for all your contribution to all your fellow TY members....and happy new year to you Ernie.

Dan

:home: :whine: :whine: :whine:

My New Year's resolution is to be more sensitive to other peoples feelings. Until midnight, however....

312100641.jpg

ROCKERDAN said:
machzrobbie said:
ROCKERDAN said:
Ernie(stone88) and Machzrobbie....

so I am done replying to people who will never share their setups,after all that is what this site is for....a few posts back i asked you about timing and you didnt help,i asked you for any tricks or tips and you said flat out you wont tell your secrets...

happy new year guys!
Dan

Welcome to the snowmobiling world of "beat thy neighbour".......

working hard to come up with a better setup than a generic clutch kit is what it's about......and when you come up with something you certainly don't give it away...... get over it!
You claim to do all kinds of radar and test and tuning........why not go out and figure out if your combo wants more timing or not???

BA APEX said:
137 speedo on my 06 rtx (=120 on radar) tricks tried are: 1" hacksaw, spark plugs, bigger diameter wheels, 23 top gear, taken out filter in airbox...
here's a vid on a 119 run.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sgFsOihAfc

i think this is one of my 120 runs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4lJywnD ... re=related

So are you back to the 24 top gear now or did you leave in the 23?? How did you like it when you went from the 24 to the 23 and back again (if you did)...

thanks...

Last night top speed run, 143mph on the dreamometer, 126mph on gps, lots of mods. From my own experience, the speedometer on my 06 rtx is not even close to accurate, there is not a percentage of error so to say, sometimes its off by 6mph, other times by 17mph!, everything is in excellent condition including speed sensor and pickup. All I know is that the only thing other than the dash mounted GPS that I use is the tach and fuel gauge. lol

2011 Apex is only off by about 2 to 3mph everything before that by about 14mph at 100mph gps. 110 gps is 112 113 speedo. Now my RX was 105 gps and 120 speedo.

Bought a used 2011 Apex SE w/Yamacharger & 1.25 heavy studded short track w/ 4400km in December, unknown set up but in mint shape. Typically never been a 'top end' guy in motorsports, but with the shitty season we've had and only getting out twice in horrible trail conditions, I ended up anxious for some excitement... On the 'only' full covered stretch on a near local section of trail I just had to give her a shot and see...

Dream meter told me 195 kph and still pulling (albeit less hard of course), before chickening out and/or running into the bumpy earth chunks of a turned corn field. Looking forward to either receiving the promised file folder of work history done or this off season she'll be getting a tear down to identify whats been done to her for peace of mind.

Well everybody is different, but on my 07 Apex, I put high compression pistons, excell header, Hauck silencer, ram air, power commander 5 with custom tune, added 4th wheel kit to skid, added extra bogeys, dupont slides, anti-ratchet drivers, custom clutches primary and secondary, high speed gearing. Top end bearings. All things put together for less drag, more top end. I have yet to have a naturally aspirated sled to come even close on take off or top end. Haven't ran against the newest 800 or bigger two strokes, but I am confident that on the top I can pull away. I kill every sled I have ran against on the top. Raced a ski-doo 1000 2 stroke and walked away from the start and pulled far away on top, not saying I will beat every 1000, but that one added a notch to the belt. :) My mods are for 06-12 Apex. I have 187 hp at 11,000 RPM on track dyno. Only problem I have is this sled is a big heavy pig. I am awaiting yamaha to grow up and throw the Apex engine in the Viper/cat pro-cross chassis. Soon as that is done I will be buying one. Anyone who has driven an Apex has plenty of respect for the horsepower and torque, not so much the weight or handling. I know my sled is not the best sled, or fastest sled out there, but it is considerably faster than anybody I have rode with. I am sure in the trails a well set up 600 could give me a run, but in a drag race not a chance! And its reliable....... over 4500 miles last year, and 700 plus and counting this year without an issue.

Well everybody is different, but on my 07 Apex, I put high compression pistons, excell header, Hauck silencer, ram air, power commander 5 with custom tune, added 4th wheel kit to skid, added extra bogeys, dupont slides, anti-ratchet drivers, custom clutches primary and secondary, high speed gearing. Top end bearings. All things put together for less drag, more top end. I have yet to have a naturally aspirated sled to come even close on take off or top end. Haven't ran against the newest 800 or bigger two strokes, but I am confident that on the top I can pull away. I kill every sled I have ran against on the top. Raced a ski-doo 1000 2 stroke and walked away from the start and pulled far away on top, not saying I will beat every 1000, but that one added a notch to the belt. :) My mods are for 06-12 Apex. I have 187 hp at 11,000 RPM on track dyno. Only problem I have is this sled is a big heavy pig. I am awaiting yamaha to grow up and throw the Apex engine in the Viper/cat pro-cross chassis. Soon as that is done I will be buying one. Anyone who has driven an Apex has plenty of respect for the horsepower and torque, not so much the weight or handling. I know my sled is not the best sled, or fastest sled out there, but it is considerably faster than anybody I have rode with. I am sure in the trails a well set up 600 could give me a run, but in a drag race not a chance! And its reliable....... over 4500 miles last year, and 700 plus and counting this year without an issue.

You have an estimated 187hp at the crank....
and I'm curious who's pistons you've used....

and I'm curious who's pistons you've used....

Most likely Wiseco or J&E. Both come in at 13:1 compression.
I would be interested to know what actual track HP was.

I ask about the pistons as I am curious as to the longevity of the ring package in them....

I have je High compression pistons. And yes you are right that is estimated 187 At the crank.

Back