• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top speeds either gps or dreameter some fast,some slow???

133 on dreameter, 112 on a goofy radar gun. I've done all the cheap or free go-fast tricks on both my '06 and '07 GT's. People seem to be impressed with my "stock" sled.
The 133 I did was the fastest I've ever felt any of my toys go. MPH-wise I've gone much faster but 133 was super-spooky on an icy road in the middle of the night. These sleds are awesome!

rapeape said:
133 on dreameter, 112 on a goofy radar gun. I've done all the cheap or free go-fast tricks on both my '06 and '07 GT's. People seem to be impressed with my "stock" sled.
The 133 I did was the fastest I've ever felt any of my toys go. MPH-wise I've gone much faster but 133 was super-spooky on an icy road in the middle of the night. These sleds are awesome!
Yes they are,i was wondering on your 133 run was you studded? I have seen some alot of track spin with these sleds even if you are studded,reason i ask is your dreamometer seems way off compared to most at 21 mph over seems way high,but its hard to exscape that feeling of seeing the speedo reacing those speeds,and at night that is really a rush,i remember my friend and myself racing down a very long and rolling hilly road one night back when we both had our 03 rx1s it was night time,but kinda moon lite so you could see better than some nights,we were already going at like 80 when we look at each other and hit it,well needless to say before we stopped we both saw 128 plus on the speedos,but on that trip i did not have my gps with me,but it was near 114 gps cause later we gpsed them and at 130 my speedo gps read 117 best my 03 ever went,freddies air filters hh weights team secondary,sled was a good runner,and that road was plowed with hard snow on top,almost ice covered,sounds alot like your road. Now with my 07 rtx and the 22 gearing w/my supertip set up and it running 10,800 it was spinning an awful lot the other day when on my lake,i only have 96 woody 60 degrees and they are short,at 1.175 on the 1.25 ripsaw,but my speedo has two teeth off and it generally without track spin reads dead on,so when i saw 115 speedo and only 110 gps,i knew i had alot of track spin,i love these stories of our top speed on these sleds,no matter what they are always ahead of the 2-smokes i ride with,but none of them are mackzs so i cant comment on running them.

Im wondering if the reverse is sucking some of the MPH out of these sleds..

Seems to me all the RTX's without reverse are running alot faster than the ERs or the GTs..

I had 192 studs on my '06 GT when I hit 133 on that solid ice road. I was radared 112 on that run but I have learned since that the gun maxes out at 112. My '07 has had the 2 tooth speedo mod and the highest I've seen was 110 in powdery snow. My '07 also has 192 studs.

Last week-end 06 Apex GT 216KPH on the gun, 03 RX1 215 kph on the gun (That's 135MPH). Full body sleds on snow with regular tracks (1" Hacksaw and 1.25 Ripsaw). Temp was around 45f, probably 1800' distance.

lakercr said:
Last week-end 06 Apex GT 216KPH on the gun, 03 RX1 215 kph on the gun (That's 135MPH). Full body sleds on snow with regular tracks (1" Hacksaw and 1.25 Ripsaw). Temp was around 45f, probably 1800' distance.
So how much boost are ya running??

rapeape said:
I had 192 studs on my '06 GT when I hit 133 on that solid ice road. I was radared 112 on that run but I have learned since that the gun maxes out at 112. My '07 has had the 2 tooth speedo mod and the highest I've seen was 110 in powdery snow. My '07 also has 192 studs.
Ya i would bet that the radar gun you had was off,most sleds we have gpsed that run that kind of speedo readings are like 117--120 mph and with 192 studs i bet you were hooked up fairly good. Now with the same 192 studs in your 07 sled,do you have all of them down the middle? If so that many in the middle may hinder your hook up,not help it,sometimes they float with to many bunched up,but if you have them spread out on the outside than you should hook up great,and depending on which model 07 you have,that is still preety good speed for crapy snow.

mnmsnowbeast said:
lakercr said:
So how much boost are ya running??

Apex was around 17lbs (MCX rear), RX (BPE rear) 15lbs. Stock Apex's were around 160kph in the same distance.

I have my 192 everywhere, not just the inside. I've got lots of buddies who will not stud the outside because the chance of track damage is higher. I stud the outside and have lots of traction due to minimal stud overlap. In other words, more studs hit fresh ice rather than hitting ice presoftened by previous studs.

welterracer said:
Im wondering if the reverse is sucking some of the MPH out of these sleds..

Seems to me all the RTX's without reverse are running alot faster than the ERs or the GTs..

I don't think there reverse is as much loss as it use to be.
MrSleds 06 gt with revers ran 118mph
and his 07 attck with reverse ran 115 or 116mph I forgot which one and it was the first time out with the sled.These are radar speeds.

hey welter, i think that orange paint must be slow, thats why yamaha dont use it :jump: just kidding, my 03 rx did 116 on radar the first year with the 1 inch track, and 116 radar last year with a 136 ripsaw. was hoping to run this year with the expert x in (136) cause my skidoo buds dident think it could pull those speeds with that skid, but never got the chance. it did pull 108 on radar this year on hardpack same speed as an 06 apex gt and an 07 mach z pulled 112 same time and place.

lakercr said:
what was the apex geared for ? i had my attack up too 130 mph on radar geared 24/38 with 9 tooth drivers. 12lbs of boost

Back