• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Torks safety thread

pimpedrsrage said:
well i cant help read this thread and think about all the guys up at the north wis TY ride. i believe all u guys were drinking, some more than others, and u still had to drive to ur cabin. now i knew that i was only a couple of miles but just remember-it only takes one wrong turn and u could hurt urself and maybe someone else. a lot of ppl talk the talk but really...how many walk the walk?!-zero means zero on ANY TRAIL

Damn Pimp, I'm impressed. Thanks for bringing that out into the open. I think there were some lessons learned that night. Some people I thought I was tight with, are now even better friends. We don't need to mention who, just this little reminder will do that for us all.

4Fighter said:
I NEVER drink alcohol while riding...

Neither do I. Although I like a few beers after the thing is shut down for the night, I ALWAYS stick to Gatoraid or Diet Coke at lunch stops and breaks. Zero alcohol in our group on the trails.

that coin game was pretty exciting...it should have had some type of nitrous injection down the coin drop to speed up the coin?!?!

As for staying far on your side I was heading to school and there is a corner that is really blind and another friend almost hit me ( there are a few scuff marks on my left ski that appeared after we almost crashed) I almost shat my pants. Being my friend and him being older than me I was a little intimidated by him to approach him but i did and pulled his #*$&@ off that sled and told him to slow down. He was good for about a week and then he was in the hospital for a crash for excessive speed around corners. I did tell him.

My cousin and I were past by a guy not safe. Met him at the gas/bar/food and the guy stumbled into the bar drunk just to order more drinks. We put the sleds away.

2014 viper, mpi
2009 Phazer 144"

Had a guy who was so drunk, acting stupid wanting to race my "heavy 4 stroke".

We knew he wasn't going anywhere so our group took his skis off and installed them with the ski loops backwards and aimed the sled towards the snow bank. When he tried moving the sled, he couldn't steer and drove it deep into the snow bank. When he knew he couldn't figure out what was wrong, we gave the key to the bartender and told him to get him a cab.

Back