• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PLEASE BE SAFE OUT THERE!!!!!

WABENO, WI 01/14/2019
The Wabeno 100 Mile Snow Safari trails (SS6-NST4-SSL) were panned/groomed last night and are rated in FAIR to VERY GOOD conditions. Thinning trails, moguls, and exposed rocks in some areas. There was a fatality on SS6 due to the moguls (that I previously posted about) near the Bear Creek Bridge on Saturday. Please slow down and use extreme caution, we are still in "early season" conditions. While some parts of the trail may be VERY GOOD there are other parts with EXPOSED HAZARDS right around the corner or down the stretch. Some snow in the short term forecast. The Wabeno Groomer schedule for this week is as follows: Tuesday Night, Thursday Night, Friday Night, Sunday Night. Keep Right and Ride Safe!

9 total fatalities in Michigan this season 6 in the UP... Five in one day... Two in a head on crash near Lake Gogebic State Park...

The Michigan DNR and Local LEOs are stepping up their patrolling and enforcement... Please treat them with respect!!! They are out there to keep us safe!!! They are also stewards of our sport... Loud pipes can lead to negative thoughts from land owners and private citizens which will lead to permanent trail closures... They are out there to make sure people play safe and within the rules set for our sport!!!

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MIDNR/bulletins/22a0733

I know there are people out there that think they (DNR/Sheriff) are overstepping and trying to generate revenue, however if you are all legal, sober, stock exhaust and speed under control, you will have nothing to worry about.
The weekend before last my wife and I were on a leisure trail ride near Hulbert. A friggen 2 stroke with a loud can was going around my wife, nailed the throttle as he went around and startled her. She moved over and caught her ski in the soft snow and it pulled her off the trail and into the woods plowing down a few small saplings (luckily missing a huge tree) before she came to a stop. Needless to say she was pretty shook up and after getting her back on the trail we sat there for awhile so she could stop shaking.
We have been riding together for over 30 years and have never had a close call like this one. She is now thinking it is time for her to hang it up, I sought out this XTX for her as she wanted EPS to help with shoulder fatigue. I wanted to chase after the A$$ Hat but needed to make sure she was okay. I am loosing faith in these loud sleds and super long track boon-dockers doing all this off trail riding on trails on private property risking trail closures.
I am sure glad we finally got some ride-able conditions yesterday in NE lower Michigan so I can ride by my lake house where traffic volume is way low compared to the rest of the state.

Last edited:
https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo...ccidents-already-exceed-last-years-total.html

10 deaths in New York already this season!!! That’s more then last season and there is still 2 months left to ride... the last guy died when he stepped off his sled and was hit by another rider!!!

I was out riding in the UP during the super cold temps this last week!!! 8-24” of fresh snow and lots of snow dust!!! My group stopped at a stop sign and my buddy’s new sidewinder was acting up so he flagged me down... just as we got across the road and pulled off to the side of the trail (RR grade) another group of rides pulled up to the approach... Their first two riders seen the stop sign but because the rest of their group was tailgating numbers 3-7 all piled up!!! Everyone lived but a few had minor injuries... One guy was limping pretty bad... 5 sled were wrecked and 3 weren’t rideable... It could have been a lot worse!!!

PLEASE PLEASE SLOW DOWN AND SPACE OUT when conditions aren’t ideal it could save someone’s life!!!!

Great conditions this year!!! The downfall to that is the fact more people are out riding... this leads to more opportunities for injuries and death!!!

https://cbsloc.al/2Eyw8Fr

Please be SAFE out there!!! It’s not just your life you’re risking!!!

12 year old boy riding alone!!! Now the sport has one less young rider... please teach the young ones good riding practices and accompany them on their rides!!!

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/12/08/sheriff-boy12-dies-in-nicollet-co-snowmobile-accident/

Thanks for posting this Mileage Quest. Sad story for sure, and I feel for the boys family. I'm not sure if the boy went through the proper safety instruction here in MN or not.

This is the main reason that I recently went through our DNR Snowmobile Safety Instructor Program here in MN to make sure that the next generation of riders can get the proper training to avoid these tragic incidents from happening.

We all should pitch in to do our best to encourage safe riding habits to the future riders of this great sport that we enjoy.

Back