• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

track misaligned how to correct?

ryan11007

Extreme
Wondering if i can solve this issue just from the back adjustments? see how the drive sprocket is real tight to one side? also whats the belt deflection i should have for a 141 track xtx se? 15 lbs 2 inch?

20150127_185459.jpg
20150127_185511.jpg

ru useing four wheel kit. i had issuse with allignment till i added four wheel kit. dead balls on now

Are you sure that this is even a problem? Once you are under power, the cogs may center themselves.

The short answer though is that I would expect the front should move along with the rear adjustment.

Assuming this is being tested in the air running the track and coasting to a stop not braking?

Adding the outside wheels definitely helps square things up. Many have also went away from trying to get the track to "track" properly and went to a simple method of measuring the adjuster bolt distances to make them equal like doing a motorcycle rear wheel. From there I think most just let the front do what it will.

I am a fanatic when adjusting my track I couldn't get this track to align with in an 1/8" if my life depended on it. I would get it perfect running on the stand be good then go out. So I put the 4 wheel kit on and that solved that problem now with in 1/16".

These things are finicky.. The biggest thing is to align it RIGHT the first ride. And keep a close eye on it the first couple hundred miles.. I even bring tools to make small adjustments while out riding first few trips.. ONCE you get it and keep it right it will take. After the first couple hundred its hard to get it back if its allowed to run misaligned..

You only have two back wheels so I added two more one on each side so there is a wheel on the outside edge of the track. Solved 3 issues first alignment now stays where I put in two the snow doesn't get thrown up on the running boards and three the sled feels more stable to me.:bling

Are you sure that this is even a problem? Once you are under power, the cogs may center themselves.
i do think its a problem because the length part of the track is rubbing on that tight side of the kog side on the inside of the tunnel a couple parts near the middle of the seat. so to be clear. when sitting on the machine. the left side of the track is rubbing slightly in tunnel and left side of hog is tight to one side. the hogs are not going to move i believe they have nowhere to go. only adjustment i can think of is at the back?

also putting theses extra wheels in can i still carve in the deep stuff? can i also just track the back to get the track to pull away from that side and track more to other side? so tight side tighten same side back adjustment? i didnt really think i would have 2 add more wheels to a brand new sled... let me know guys. much appreciated.

Those drive cogs are pressed on and could be wrong from the factory. You should probably have the dealer look at them and see if an adjustment is needed.

I tried few hour to set the alignment on my 2015 STX DX and got not result. the left side of the track still rubbing in the tunnel. Are you sure if I add the four wheels kit will solve my issue?

I never was able to get my track aligned like I am used to either even with 10 extra wheels. From marks on tunnel track hits both sides. Pretty much goes where it wants set tight or loose. If it makes you feel better stop on trail someday when its a bit warm and just grab bumper and slide sled sideways. Skid easily moves inside track so I am sure no matter how well its centered on stand its moving all over the place riding. Ryan 11007 Your drive sprockets look to be installed just fine since both are to one side its just track that isnt in center. Those little bumps on track I am sure dont help this. 6000 mi set by measuring threads and no issues from track so I am not worrying about it.

also putting theses extra wheels in can i still carve in the deep stuff? can i also just track the back to get the track to pull away from that side and track more to other side? so tight side tighten same side back adjustment? i didnt really think i would have 2 add more wheels to a brand new sled... let me know guys. much appreciated.

If your playing more in the deep stuff then adding more wheels on the rear is just going require a bit more driver effort when your trying to carve or sidehill. Things that reduce driver effort really start to add up at the end of the day when you playing off trail so not having a 4th wheel is a bonus in my book.. Conserve driver energy =last all day.:Rockon: Waste driver energy = dragging #*$&@ before lunch time. :o|
Now I can see why the trail guys add the extra wheels for more stability& better bearing etc so just depends where and how you ride. I love the fact this chassis does not have those 4th wheels on the outside, having that extra flexibility at the rear of track sure helps when the sleds on its side. Not having the extra wheels is one of the reasons why these 500+ pound sleds actually feels light and nimble when playing in the deep. Both our XTX's are aligned ok but not perfect, I have played with them a bit but end up with the same results with some rubbing on both sides of tunnel which probably is worse when carving and more weight is on one side of the track. I agree with cannondale and not to worried about the alignment or some rubbing.

Now I would like to replace our trihub someday with some better wheels and bearings in the center of the rails. Some AC models come with a set up like this I think? :dunno:

Back