• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Transfer block removal

Grantzilla54

I know this has been brought up in the past but I was wondering how many people actually ride without the blocks installed? Does it make that big of difference for transfer? I have the LTX Le and I have it dialed in for cornering but would like some more traction.

Thanks

I know this has been brought up in the past but I was wondering how many people actually ride without the blocks installed? Does it make that big of difference for transfer? I have the LTX Le and I have it dialed in for cornering but would like some more traction.

Thanks
You read my mind. Wondering the same thing. I am a trail rider first then a lake racer. Handling is most important. With blocks out will my steering get too light?

You read my mind. Wondering the same thing. I am a trail rider first then a lake racer. Handling is most important. With blocks out will my steering get too light?

Yes plus it will bend the tabs on the suspension part that usually hits on the blocks. Try it and just note how hard it hits on take off. I tried that for a couple of rides on my first year with my 17. Not worth the damage at all, plus now with my Big wheel kit I have been told it would hit those now!

Try an aftermarket adjustable setup. Then you can have the ability to choose, and the aftermarket will only let it come back so far so it doesn't do damage like Motorhead mentioned.

I've had my blocks out but rod still in for 4000 miles with no issue.
Same here. Removed blocks but shaft still in. No damage with 500 miles so far. I think it rides better and has a little more transfer.

Removed blocks on my 2019(137 track) from 0 kms!!!My buddy removed the whole rod wìth no issues1500km)
I did the same on my 14 viper in 2016/17
(129 track) no issues!
You will transfer better but the 129 is way more noticeable then a 137!

Yes plus it will bend the tabs on the suspension part that usually hits on the blocks. Try it and just note how hard it hits on take off. I tried that for a couple of rides on my first year with my 17. Not worth the damage at all, plus now with my Big wheel kit I have been told it would hit those now!
Ran the 270R tune for two seasons and now started using the 290 tune. Been without the blocks since day 1. I have had to suck up the straps a couple and after switching to the 290 I think I gotta go a couple more . No damage to the rod at all

Ran the 270R tune for two seasons and now started using the 290 tune. Been without the blocks since day 1. I have had to suck up the straps a couple and after switching to the 290 I think I gotta go a couple more . No damage to the rod at all
Yup had to pull my limiters 2 holes tighter. Good transfer, better approach angle for the track and still keeps the skis planted in the corners.

Pull blocks and put some rubber heater hose on over the round metal parts where contact is made. You will have to pull the rod out to install. I usually have to put new rubber pieces on every 2 k or so. Been doing this since day one. No way you will hardly any transfer or dig with a 137 with any form of blocks in.

Removed blocks on my 2019(137 track) from 0 kms!!!My buddy removed the whole rod wìth no issues1500km)
I did the same on my 14 viper in 2016/17
(129 track) no issues!
You will transfer better but the 129 is way more noticeable then a 137!

I can't imagine my 129 without the rod. It already transfers a lot!

Back