• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TRIC Ice Scratchers

fiddlersgreen said:
Anyone try the TRIC Ice scratchers yet??

Are they available at the dealer or online yet??

Anyone have a chance to try them? Wondering if they give good results in lubricating the sliders. They seem like a good option and you don't have to worry about reversing.

Thanks,

Well i got them but the all of the instructions say "except MTX" so i guess until i get out there and put them on i won't know if they will work... There are a coupld of different mounting options but i think the easiest will be to mount them to the stabilizer mounts...

The cables look pretty thick and heavy duty, thicker than a pencil...and they don't bend all that easily...

194.jpg

195.jpg

196.jpg

non tric scratchers

Save your money guys, Everything is great on them EXCEPT THE BATTERY TERMINAL ENDS they use to mount to the sled. Just check the photos. Very nicely built otherwise. First ride out, battery terminal bent over and cracked and the whole thing almost fell off. this was on both sides. This was only 10 minutes of riding. I think Yamaha is already aware of this as my dealer has pulled them from the shelf. If the mount was made with same thaught process and material as the rest of it they would indeed be TRIC. MONEY WASTER UNTIL THEY FIX IT.

Tric again

I hear ( from yamaha dealer) that all the scrathers are being refitted with stainless mounts now all my dealers are going back to Yamaha to get fixed and repackaged. So those that bought should check with their dealer.

Well went to install these on my sled and you were right... the darn thing bent before I even got the bolt tight. On the phone to the dealership now so I will see what they say....

Is it just me or, is 90% of the things you buy for a sled crap?

Because it really seems so. It always seems like, we are R&Ding the items for the manufacturer.

At first I thought, maybe they made it like that so it would break away easy if it got jammed in something, instead of yanking the sled in a different direction. But, it shouldn't bend just putting them on. I mean, come on.

Maybe I'll just make a set like that guy on here. He just used a cable from an older truck tailgate.

I read on the Sled Talk blog that they are being recalled and an improved version is on it's way.

Back