• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trouble re-selling????

GypsyRoots

Expert
Sleetmute, Middle of the Kuskokwim, West Alaska
Just wondering if anyone else has had troubles selling their sleds...

I got an 07' in mint condition with factory warranty until 2011, for sale because I got injured on the job...

and the best offer has been $3500 ALL WINTER...

This is not a classified post, I am just looking to see if anyone else has had a similar experience....

Cheers...

:yam: ????????

GypsyRoots said:
WOW...

I thought I was going to be alone...

2 dealers told me they were just not interested... period, not even in trade for a new sled... or a bike...

Zero re-sale value...

Things that make you go hummmm.... :o|

been a while since ive seen you on here,still not riding it looks like

I had 2500 as a soft offer Jan 27th 09, for trade in on a new nytro after I bought it brand new carryover 07 on Dec 16th 08 for 5000! Barely six weeks old, Yikes!

I think the economy is fueling the price drop. The northeast had the best snowfall in years. It is good for guys like me that are in the market for a year or two old sled.

Im not getting rid of mine either, might as well keep it and give it to the nieces and nephews when they are big enough. I had a line on a mint 86 exciter but it sold they would have loved that.

thank yamaHA for the price drop. this is the sled that keeps on giving lol i was offered 2500 for mine.owning a yamaHA is exspensive imo

Buddy of mine just traded his 07 700 Sabercat with 1800mi on a brand new 800 cat.Best he could get was $3000 on trade in and he paid alot to boot.Days of $1500 a year to get new sled are well over.Just ride em till fixing cost is more than they are worth then part it out.

Yeah.. I hear what you guys are saying...

So I guess I get to keep as a lawn ornament...

My leg is still all fucked up, and riding is really out of the question...

I guess I should advertise it for free??!!?!!?!!

That was one of the worse uses of 8 grand I have ever seen in my life...

Nothing but problems and I can't even sell the thing...

I am sorry I bought Yamaha... I am sorry to say...

Worse value ever in a sled that I have owned....

bnsf205 said:
I had 2500 as a soft offer Jan 27th 09, for trade in on a new nytro after I bought it brand new carryover 07 on Dec 16th 08 for 5000! Barely six weeks old, Yikes!

no..no riding yet...

the doc finally quit talking amputation.... and now we are hoping a full ankle replacement does the job....

I have no income and I can't sell a really good, used sled with FULL FACTORY WARRANTY...

It's ridiculous...

I'm mad.. again....lol....

I've missed your posting contributions this year GR.
Thanks for all the truthful sled reports the last two seasons. This sled has been a learning curve for us all, especially those of us that are fortunate to live in a land where there is a real winter!

Really sucks on the re-sale value, if there is one? I too have contemplated the trade in value for the VL.
Certainly not a good time to be selling.

Back