• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trouble re-selling????

Bring it across to Canada and sell it. I paid $5000 for a used 07 FX and that was a deal! Its all about demand, boys. Or you could just burn it and collect the insurance. All this whining about Yamaha being an expensive ride, well every brand out there is garbage and they are all money pits. When you think about the abuse a sled takes in the environment it operates in, its a wonder they hold together at all.

Very hard (almost impossible) to sell this sleds here in norway to. I guess the reason for this is all the issues people have been experienced with this sleds (phazer, venture light and venture mp)

-snow/ice in tunnel, oil leaks from chain/reverse case, start problems when really cold, steering freeze and ball joint issues, reverse problems - including snapping the reverse chain and that its terrible to work on this under hood related issues (very expencive to fix at dealer if sled is out of warranty)

Here we go... another TY bitch-fest! Look, if you can't afford the toy then maybe you shouldn't have bought it. Cars, trucks, motorcyles, they all depreciate! You buy it new and drive it off the lot and it's worth half of what you paid in about a year. Look at cars/trucks, if you bought a new Tahoe for $40k a year ago, you'd be lucky to get $20k today. So what makes people think they can spend $6k on a sled and sell it for $4500 a year later... it's rediculous!

RedPhazer said:
Here we go... another TY bitch-fest! Look, if you can't afford the toy then maybe you shouldn't have bought it.

I guess you are right...

I can't afford to keep it...

But sure as hell can't afford to sell it for peanuts either...

I guess snowmobiling is just for the RICH guys now...

Shame, it used to be a lot of fun... for EVERYBODY...

i love the loyalist on here theyre already use to the fact that theyre beloved yamaHA arent worth a pinch of coonshit, unfortunately i believed that the japs made a good machine. now i realize they must of been talikn about honda the whole time, too bad they dont make a sled. and i doubt many people that bought a new 07 when it was still o7 paid 6000 because mine was more like 7600.

I'm not loyal to Yamaha (I'd love to try an XP)... I'm just saying that with the economy right now I would think you are going to have the same problem with any brand. My point is this, in this economy any USED toy is not going to be worth much!

It is all about what YOU and ME are willing to pay for a sled. I was willing to pay $7199 for a brand new 2007 Phazer Fx. The market is insane right now in the states, I just saw an 08 Nytro for $5000 asking, that is 50% depreciation. It is no better for any sled. The ads read the same sleds day after day trying to get high value on their sled they may have gotten 2 years ago. Everyone is hurting and there is a large decrease in people making large recreational purchases. Don't blame Yamaha for what someone is willing to pay for your used sled. Remember it was worth the full value when you bought it and we all know that no snowmobile has ever held value. Just take a walk through Haydays each September, you always say, wow that is a great price for the sled, I paid $XX,XXX for mine new 3 years ago.

We love to ride, now lets get out there and enjoy the last of the snows this year, its too early in the year for this!

Solution for depreciation is to just buy used.To me though starting with new and knowing the entire history is worth alot but I buy a sled for long term.Its to bad they dont offer leasing on sleds to the guys who get the latest every year.Another option would be to just rent.

SpeedRacer8888 said:
We love to ride, now lets get out there and enjoy the last of the snows this year...!

Really wish I could, believe me... but the 45 screws in my leg say otherwise...

I just think it sucks that I can't even sell the sled I can't use...

What would you say is a fair MARKET value?

$1500???

2007 venture lite... 4600 miles.. like new... always dealer maintained and with full factory warranty until 2011..

New steering components throughout as per Yamaha techs...

New track, extra dudads....

Really what is the lowest you would let go of it for? and I paid $8600 in Alaska...

resale value is an oxymoron when it comes to toys. The best you can hope for is pay-off if you owe, and at least 20 - 30% down-payment on your next one.

i need parts ill give ya 2100 lol and you ship 1/2 way is that generous or what lol and i blame yamaHA because they are sellin new sleds for less. that should of been lower to begin with. they raised theyre prices for next year, so thay can lower them again. and get a couple more guys to pay theyre bonus? i thought they committed harikari when they screwed up? i want to see some sword action myself. yamaha ceo should be

GypsyRoots said:
Well, someone replied to my add and just offered me $2000...

What would you do?

For 2000 dollars? I would mothball it till I could ride again and not give someone the satisfaction of legaly stealing my sled. I wanted to trade my GT in this year but would not submit to the dealers offer of 1/2 what i payed for it so i just decided to keep it and enjoy it . Other than routine maintenance and some factory updates my machine has seen zero downtime .It goes everytime .
I think the difference is that I am a very non extreme rider and dont get into the jumping and pounding that some of these sleds have to endure. The Phazer was intended as an entry level sled which is what type of rider i am.

Back