• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

True mileage on the Apex/Attak-Supertrax says 20+

schoppy said:
I am just about the same as your stats studdog, 3834 miles and 13-16 mpg u.s. with my Attak. Mark Lester just e-mailed me back and said he is talking u.s. gallons. No mags use imperial gallons that he knows of. He was just in Amos Quebec (I've ridden through there before) and said they had the new AC Jaguar Z1 there for mileage runs but no stats on that one. He said the Mach Z got 18-21, the Apex 20+, the Vector Nytro up to 23, the RX-1 carb almost 20, the Turbo Cat 16-18, the Polaris FST 13-15 and the Ski Doo SDI600 up to 22. Believe it or not that is what he said.

Must be using a calculator made by Yamaha, because it reads about 10% high like our speedos.

schoppy said:
Hey 170plus, I'm curious also, what does "efi turned up 5 clics" mean? I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't know.

The EFI can be adjusted by something like 20 "clicks".

I haven't tried it (so don't try it based on what I say here...) but it goes something like this:

1. Ground the green wire at the ECU (not positive on the color)

2. Turn on the ignition while holding select and reset on the speedometer and wait 8 seconds.

3. The display should say something like "CO" and then show a number. The number is between -10 and +10 (I think).

4. Here's where I really don't know what to press, but one button (select possibly) switches between cylinders and some other buttons (possibly the had warmers) adjust the "clicks".

This is supposed to alter the fuel mixture mainly from about idle to 1/3 throttle.

When someone says they adjusted their EFI "5 clicks" richer they've turned up all 4 cylinders by 5 positions from what they started with.

I'm sure more details will leak out on exactly how to make the adjustment... eventually...

Interesting. Especially if there is a way to lean the first 1/3 of the throttle range. Mine runs richer than H under 5500. Made a post earlier about "8 Cycling". Sounds like a 2 cycle when it's over rich and "4 Cycling". Maybe I'm the only one. Had no response to that thread. Gas consumption goes high under these conditions. Around 12 mpg or a little less. When I can ride a above 50 mph constant, mileage best so far is 15 mpg. Only 270 miles on sled and I know most say gets better with more miles. I doubt it. Everything should be well worn in by now. I know engine is, as I break them in hard. Both experimental Production break-in tests have shown this to be true time after time.

i just got back from a tour up in quebec from val-d', chibougamau, and lac st-jean, about 1200 miles. I was on an Apex GT and the worst mileage I got was about 130 miles per tank. It was 10 degrees Celcius and sunny in the afternoon and I just ran the rail line from Miquilon to Chapais between 95-110mph (on the dream meter). Any other time I could easily get 150 miles per tank of gas and in hard packed conditions in the morning I was getting over 160 per tank. I just went over the 5000 mile mark on the sled so maybe you guys still don't have them broken in yet....I here they are much worse when they are new.

Supertrax is a rag, but someone really needs to teach Lester how to calculate miles per gallon. The only way in hell you will get close to 20 is if you ride granny speed on rock hard groomed trails. I averaged anywhere from 12-16 mpg depending on conditions and how hard I rode. SnowTrax televison did a mileage test on their last episode on an RTX, 600 SDI REV, an 700 Crossfire. Per Imperial Gallon the REV got 16.5 mpg, RTX 15.8, and the Crossfire 12.1. This equates to 13.7 mpg (REV), 13.1 (RTX), and 10.0 (Cat) in US gallons. They said they rode 40 miles like an average trail rider and 40 miles hard with a lot of lakes. This mileage is very close to what I get along with 2 other Apex's I ride with.

Mine seems to range between 11.5-16.5 mpg (us). Most of the time on-trail 13-15 is not out of the question.( remember you read this in Supertrax .......take it with a grain of salt )

15-16 US mpg on my Attak. Only 800 miles though...

Re: Mileage

BLUEDOG said:
We spent most of the winter on the apex's getting 12 to 13mpg at best, once running out at 110 miles on a previously full tank, this is on smooth trail riding at moderate speeds. My mileage is way down form my 05 RX-1, kinda disappointed, not quite sure if Yamaha can do anything about this, where do you start at?

Dog

I get about 11. I ran out last time @ 110 miles on a filled tank.

True Mulage apex / attack - super trax says

Get 18.5 imperial on attack with 23 tooth top gear. Have just changed to a 24 tooth and should bump 20 with track as slack as I can run without ratcheting. Also going to add Idlers for next year so sled roles easier.
Not as good as my warrior was and not as quick either. Still love the sled.

Back