• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuner III Ski Setup

Big groomed trails you say? Tuner 3's you say?
SNOWTRACKERS!
My sled does not dart, does not push even at EXTREME speeds & has THE EASIEST steering including both the new POO & DOO. Their words not mine.

RULES to LIVE BY:
1. Put them on
2. Tune sled to them & your trails
3. Smile
4. PM me & offer me your first born......................................or just thank me
You could not pay me to run trackers...Worse I ever tried for soft/mild type riding. MPH will drop dramatically.

Dan

Don't forget this thread is about Tuner 3 skis. Trackers work excellent on them.
For $200 he can get very good performance & never sink another dollar into them.
Loosing a couple on top may concern some, but not all.

Skis and handling are VERY subjective due to area, riding style, attitude, size of gonads, what's playing on iPod, menstrual cycle & sometimes just a gut feeling.
Last week i converted 3 Winder guys, that rode my sled, over to Trackers.........so they can't be that bad.
Not to mention the 850 that swears my sled feels lighter in twisty's & he admittedly can NOT keep up in high speed "benda's''. (that's my Maine accent there)

Haven't found anything better than SnowTrackers yet either. I run them on Doo 5.7 Race skis. They rob zero MPH, but when soft or loose they will push just like any other ski or carbide combo. 90% of the time there is nothing better on the market. I've tried a bunch of skis and carbides over a great many years and will continue to use them in good snow. The only reason I don't use them all the time is if in low snow conditions.

I also run Snow Trackers on Tuners since day one on my sled. My cottage is in the Burk's Fall area so I ride the same trails as Dan. I have never seen the poor Mpg or loss of speed , Lots of Smiles and Miles!!!

So question Steve, if you run 85 north out of milli up to the point where it hooks left for the final 20 mi to mattagammon, what are you Cornering at with the tuners and snow trackers vs the curves and slim Jim’s? Those are fairly gradual corners until you run that final stretch of 20 to mattagammon when the corners tighten up a bit.

Also someone mentioned the snotrackers are not trailer friendly?

I just did the math on the milage from my last trip. 17.8mpg that's in Canadian gallons, so I'm not complying on the fuel milage front

First of all, they SUCK on trailers! Just a plain 'Ole PITA!
I hit that same trail last Sunday with more confidence then ever on this sled. I haven't felt that confident since my Apex.
My bud said i was POSSESSED and he was scared to talk to me like some kind of Poltergeist movie scene. At that point i had finished dialing in suspension & with nobody on trails, i put it to the test. Also DISTURBED came on the iPod which is not good if you are planning to ride "together".

My last Curve set up was with Aggressive SnoTrackers. It did NOT work like i thought. TOO aggressive, which means "darty " when not on throttle in the corners. They also made the back end feel very loose when letting off throttle.
Curves with SlimJims did not have ANY of these problems, BUT they definitely pushed at high speed BENDAS.
I've stated MANY times on this site that OCD rides his Apex faster then his Winder. NOT ANY MORE!

Speedo was over 100 on most straightaways cuz i knew it would handle the curves without slamming brake which i don't like to do because it upsets the balance of the sled & also gets the clutches all out of whack. The best part was when the trail got tighter, it performed EXPONENTIALLY better due to how easy it steered.

The most important thing for trails is getting the right combo & balance.
NO ski does it all nor does one persons' set up work for others. If you can come to the NOCK this weekend, you can try it and base your decision on that.

P.S1: "Bendas" are Maine's way of saying big sweeping curves that you can see very far away so nobody is at risk except yourself and your sack
P.S2: "Curves" are very large radius corners that we think we can handle at 1oo, but we realize after the stained underwear that 50 is better suited
P.S3: "Corners" are............................well just corners

I believe my MPG went up last weekend because my riding style was much smoother. Less brakes & stabbing throttle to get back to speed.
I always compare gas consumption & have been for 10 years now. I was equal to my old Apex which has been better then me all year.

So you must not have Steve OCD's writeup on Semi Aggressive Snotrackers :) he swears by them now and off season I will likely purchase that. I can also tell you my buddy is running 8" Qualipieces square bars on the inside and stock outside and loving them. He corners great. Rides hard (not a hard as Steve though!) I saw a thread somewhere else where a guy running the Qualipieces swore by them.
Where do I find information on the snowtrackers

The best set up I had on my tuners with snowtrackers was by removing the two bolts that go through the spindles and removing them reuse the bolts and rubbers and put the cat skis on with aggressive snowtrackers. kit was around 300 from Travis and now no one in my group can come close to keeping up with their apexes even when I am not trying hard.

First of all, they SUCK on trailers! Just a plain 'Ole PITA!
I hit that same trail last Sunday with more confidence then ever on this sled. I haven't felt that confident since my Apex.
My bud said i was POSSESSED and he was scared to talk to me like some kind of Poltergeist movie scene. At that point i had finished dialing in suspension & with nobody on trails, i put it to the test. Also DISTURBED came on the iPod which is not good if you are planning to ride "together".

My last Curve set up was with Aggressive SnoTrackers. It did NOT work like i thought. TOO aggressive, which means "darty " when not on throttle in the corners. They also made the back end feel very loose when letting off throttle.
Curves with SlimJims did not have ANY of these problems, BUT they definitely pushed at high speed BENDAS.
I've stated MANY times on this site that OCD rides his Apex faster then his Winder. NOT ANY MORE!

Speedo was over 100 on most straightaways cuz i knew it would handle the curves without slamming brake which i don't like to do because it upsets the balance of the sled & also gets the clutches all out of whack. The best part was when the trail got tighter, it performed EXPONENTIALLY better due to how easy it steered.

The most important thing for trails is getting the right combo & balance.
NO ski does it all nor does one persons' set up work for others. If you can come to the NOCK this weekend, you can try it and base your decision on that.

P.S1: "Bendas" are Maine's way of saying big sweeping curves that you can see very far away so nobody is at risk except yourself and your sack
P.S2: "Curves" are very large radius corners that we think we can handle at 1oo, but we realize after the stained underwear that 50 is better suited
P.S3: "Corners" are............................well just corners
X2...Agree 100%. I just came back from a ride in Canada and rode 2017 ZR 800, 2019 RR Turbo, 2018 Yamaha XTX 141, each of these sleds had semi-aggresive sno trackers on and all I can say is WOW! I am sold! Will have a set on my Tuner 3 for next year! My curves do work amazing for tight trails but dart like crazy compared to these sleds. These sleds were so much less fatiguing to ride it was amazing. Lots of snow, no push even on XTX with Tuners! Yes, I am sold and will just have to be careful with my trailer! Lol.

Step 1: Remove Tuner Skis
Step 2: Throw them in the trash. Better yet, burn them so no one else can accidently use them.
Step 3: Put ANY other ski on the sled.

Pilots are cheap and a lot of guys like them if you don't want to spend the coin on the Curves. Everyone I ride with thought I was crazy when they heard what I spent on the Curves. Then they rode my sled and everyone in the group runs them now. FWIW

X2...Agree 100%. I just came back from a ride in Canada and rode 2017 ZR 800, 2019 RR Turbo, 2018 Yamaha XTX 141, each of these sleds had semi-aggresive sno trackers on and all I can say is WOW! I am sold! Will have a set on my Tuner 3 for next year! My curves do work amazing for tight trails but dart like crazy compared to these sleds. These sleds were so much less fatiguing to ride it was amazing. Lots of snow, no push even on XTX with Tuners! Yes, I am sold and will just have to be careful with my trailer! Lol.

Are cat skis with snotrackers better than tuners with snotrackers?

So can someone tell me why these are supposed to be so better than a different ski the curves or c+a ski just curious as I just looked them up as I never heard of them

upload_2019-3-22_23-2-29.jpeg

My brother just picked up a 2019 SRX with 2700kms. All stock except for a 22 tooth upper gear and snow trackers on the stock skis. First rip on Georgian Bay this evening. Love to see how fast without the trackers! This thing is a rocket.

Back