• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel Replacement

fatchance

Lifetime Member
So I'm faced with a tunnel replacement and wondering who has done this with success for longevity. The thought of the pounding these pro cross chassis take makes me concerned with how the rivets will hold up over the years for a non factory refirb. Looking for some real world feed back to make this decision as I have another sled Sno-checked as a replacement.

The best rivets you can use are what aircraft uses - solid structural rivets such as Cherry, Avdel, Huck. Do not use any hollow pop rivets, including any all aluminum rivets if you want it to last. To use the right rivets (solid structural) you will need either a hydraulic or pneumatic riveter. A regular hand pop riveter will not do the job. If it does, you've got the wrong rivets.

I did the Tunnel one year and the Heat exchanger and rear section of tunnel last year. Definitely use the multi grip and Huck rivets. For tail section I also used the heat release glue Polaris uses. Seems very solid. Time will tell.

Back