• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Clutch Question?

TurboVector

Expert
Would you want to lower or raise the engagement RPM when you install a turbo? By the way this is for a mountain sled.

Thanks in advance.

I would say it is rider prefrence. the lower engaumnet will kepp it rider freindly. the higher engaument tends to make it jumpier

My engagement is the sanme as it was before the turbo.

I am running a variation of Snow Fever's 8Bu-00 setup and it works great.

I like to run an engagement below 4000 rpms. You don't want to slam the clutches with a higher engagement and break traction that much easier.

I'm running 2800 motor rpm engagement, if you have a vector that would translate to about 2400 as it doesn't have the gear reduction off the crank. This however doesn't make it real fast out of the hole (But still fast) and as long as your not running against another turbo 4 stroke in a drag race I still catch and pass with ease 2 strokes in a very short distance. This does make it awsome for boon docking and taking off in bottomless powder.

HAMMER TIME HEEL CLICKERS ARE ALWAYS EFFECTIVELY ENGAGED, THEREFORE YOU CAN UP YOUR ENGAGEMENT WITHOUT CLUTCH SLAM. IN FACT ITS DIFFICULT TO TELL WHEN THEY ENGAGE, EVEN AT RACE ENGAGEMENT RPM.

ANybody running heavy hitters with there Mc Xpress. My turbo gets here beginning of december, going to a 162 track. I already have the hh`s in from last year. Will the weight I have now work or will I have to go heavier now. Spent to much now really need to make the hh`s to work. :Rockon:

Yes, I am and they work fine. When I get a chance I will get my specs.

Back