• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Dynamics Headers Gen 1 and Gen 2 side by side

snowcaine

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
20 Sidewinder
21 ZR 9000
23 SRX
First pic (black tunnel) is the Gen 2 header. You can see the collector is closer to the turbo than the Gen 1 collector. With slight modification, both headers fit comfortably (few mm of space) under the stock heat shields. Top notch stuff from Turbo Dynamics as always!

IMG-2402.jpg

IMG-1144.jpg

Now which one is the fast one?
The Gen 2 Header makes 5 more horsepower than the Gen 1 when hot. It's also more stout/ durable, and imo the fitment is a hair better.

With over 300+ horsepower, I don't think you'll notice the extra 5hp when riding/racing, but opinions vary. I've had both and I prefer the Gen 2. Just my 5 cents......

im hoping the gen 2 last longer then the gen 1 , after 1500 miles on the gen 1 the flex coupler cracked ,

The guys in my group buy this bellow on eBay, weld it on and keep on trucking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220313-153036.png
    Screenshot_20220313-153036.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 157
What have people been using to replace e the bellow on the gen 2 header? 400 miles and mine let go.

its loud and you will burn heat shield cuz flames come out... right before turbo, we are trying the braided bellow now.

Havent heard of any bellow issues from hurricane or the precision header. Td's had this issue for quite some time. Braided bellow is a poor choice for this application. Not sure where he's sourcing his parts but time to go back to the drawing board I think.

Back