• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Head shim?

Ave gas

We have run Ave gas in our RMK's mix with 92 ot. I heard that ave gas is 103 oct. I wonder about the O2 sensor with the lead in the ave gas. It sounds like it is working for you though, I have not seen a post where you have burnt the motor. We are running 13 lbs of boost. with no head shim.
That is prob. fairly equal to yours with the head shim. I am learning this turbo stuff painfully slow it seems.
I plan to keep it that way for now. running 92 with torco add. to bring it to 102 or just run ave fuel. I figured the torco add. would be better because it has the lubricants of race fuel where ave fuel does not. but it does have lead for a lube.

Av Gas is 100 ll and is alot easier on probes than race fuel. I would think avgas with no shim at 12lbs you would be good at elevation say 5000 ft.

Av Gas is great fuel. I would run straight Av gas.

I agree with ak, I would not try to run prem with additives because it is proven that octane boosters do almost nothing to actually raise octane. Run av gas, you won't regret it.

i want to take the head shim out i didnt like at 3000 ft was really doggy at take off i live at 1500 and go up 10000 feet what should i run for gas if i take the shim out if run full race gas at 1500 ft and mix it for 10000 would that be safe

There was a fellow on here running premium 92 octane at 10,000 ft in colorado he was running 10 to 12 pds of boost no shim. For low altitiude run avgas like Yukonranger at 10 lbs, race gas if you want to go any higher on the boost.

There was a Turbo Phaser MCXPRESS kit no shim on 13 lbs of boost at 4000ft running race fuel making 160 hp on the dyno. Its on this site some where.

Yamahaman I would contact High Altitude boost they have setup tphaser for High altitude.

fuel

Ok, straight AV. fuel it is. That Torco additive is suposed to be pretty good I heard. If nothing else put a can in with 20 gallons of av. gas. it is suposed to make 92 pump into 96 I think at that ratio. that will bring av. gas up to almost 110 since it is 103 I heard.

Now on the ell. If I start out at 3,000, I should not burn the motor down if I am just cruising down the road to get to the riding spot while climbing to 4,000 + in Ell.
The turbo's are easy to adjust, so I could leave the parking lot at 8-10lbs of boost till I get to the 4,500 feet and then turn the boost up.
Wouldn't that work. because the knob is on the handlebar riser.

Are these poss. solutions?

I think that I will drop it back down to 12lbs of boost from 13.

These things are WAY to difficult to work on to mess around with inadequate fuel. besides they don't burn much.

y would u burn your motor down u got fuel injection right your sled should change on its own for elevation the only reason u run higher octane with a turbo is so dont get a knock or pinging sound when riding that will end up as motor problems

Back