• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo rx1 clutching for 25 psi

rx1 fern

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Good day everyone. What are some of your clutching setup for a midmount turbo running 25 psi boost . I have a stm rage 8 primary with stm weights and I'm running stock secondary with the white secondary spring . Just looking to see what I should run as far as a secondary spring and helix . Thanks for any advice .

Had real good luck on snow with a purple EPI secondary spring and stock RX1 helix...

Thanks for the help . Gonna order one . How come you run stock helix still . See lots of guys run a 50 helix with turbo sleds . Why is that . Thanks again

I actually run a Team Secondary on my trail turbo setup, but for snow drags at 25+ psi this secondary combo was always fastest.

Sounds good and thanks . What was the settings you had for secondary spring . The wind . 3-3 or 6-1 . Thanks again for all the help.

Purple EPI now has a Yamaha part number available (same spring). The Spring is offset different than Yamaha. I've run it at 0 & 1 with good results. Straight 51 dalton helix. Look forward to testing stock apex 51/43 as suggested above.

Purple EPI now has a Yamaha part number available (same spring). The Spring is offset different than Yamaha. I've run it at 0 & 1 with good results. Straight 51 dalton helix. Look forward to testing stock apex 51/43 as suggested above.
You have a part number for this spring . Thanks

I was told by EPI they are identical springs only the part number is different. They use cat style indexing that's the reason for 0&1 wrap. Note they are Very stiff to compress during install.

Cool thanks . My sled is an rx1 but same thing . Also doesn't the apex and rx1 have the same helix .

Back