• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo XTX

IFlyEm

Expert
Hello,

I am looking at a leftover Nytro XTX and I am debating turboing it. I need to be able to run pump gas. I am mostly trail riding in the U.P. and northern Wisconsin.

I am guessing the best unit for me would be:

Ulmer Racing Stage 2J
-8 psi
-Excell under tunnel muffler
-Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge
-Boost Gauge
-Clutching & Gearing package

My Questions are:
Approx WOT speed?

How long can I run WOT?

In normal riding conditions was could I expect for fuel economy?

Can I run a "Trail Tank" with it?

I really appreciate your input.

so you know, at this time, excell does not make and under tunnel system for the fx nytros. we have been begging ulmer and them to fab some for us but they say they dont have enough demand for it at this time. ski

Well thats ok. I just cut and pasted that from their post. I like the looks of the standard Excell exhaust. ;)!

My Questions are:
Approx WOT speed?
That will all depend on gearing. What size track do you plan on running and do you do more trail or off trail type riding?

How long can I run WOT?
Up to 130 mph on the speedo. After that you are playing with fire and the possibility of spitting the track out of the back of the sled. Yes, it will go faster, but track failure can happen.

In normal riding conditions was could I expect for fuel economy?
Normal trail riding 14-15 mpg, pushing hard WOT 9-10 mpg.

Can I run a "Trail Tank" with it?
The kit comes with a 8.5 gallon trail tank designed to be used with the turbo.

skidooboy said:
so you know, at this time, excell does not make and under tunnel system for the fx nytros. we have been begging ulmer and them to fab some for us but they say they dont have enough demand for it at this time. ski

Actually the turbo kits can be optioned with an Excell under tunnel muffler (the same muffler Excell uses on their Apex/RX-1 under tunnel kits). It's already in production for the turbo kit. It will not work on a sled that is stock though, turbo only.

My Questions are:
Approx WOT speed?
That will all depend on gearing. What size track do you plan on running and do you do more trail or off trail type riding?

I would do the gearing that is recommended or comes with the kits. I am planning on keeping the 144" track.
Also I do approx 85% trail riding and 15% lake running

How long can I run WOT?
Up to 130 mph on the speedo. After that you are playing with fire and the possibility of spitting the track out of the back of the sled. Yes, it will go faster, but track failure can happen.

Ok. How long can I pull 130 mph? I would like to not have to worry about beating everyone across the lake.

My Questions are:
I would do the gearing that is recommended or comes with the kits. I am planning on keeping the 144" track.
Also I do approx 85% trail riding and 15% lake running

Recommended gearing will run 130-135 all day long on the speedo.

Ok. How long can I pull 130 mph? I would like to not have to worry about beating everyone across the lake.

The motor, turbo, etc will run that speed all day long. You will want to make sure you check and keep an eye on your track tension.

Yes, most FX Nytro speedos are within 5-6% of gps/radar. Actual speed would be in that 132-135 area.

130mph on a snowmobile is NUTS... anything over 100 is scary on my sled ,expecially if your going threw the woods, worring about deer

welterracer said:
130mph on a snowmobile is NUTS... anything over 100 is scary on my sled ,expecially if your going threw the woods, worring about deer

I totally agree. I have never gone over 100 in the woods. I'm more interested in runs across the lake or open fields.

I am glad mine is governed around 100MPH because I am not. All my mods are suspension and control related so I can ride faster. If you spend the money on the turbo, I wouldn't neglect the chassis.

The only thing we used out of the old NW kit was the header and down pipe. We changed the intercooler, fuel system, turbo, etc from the original NW kits. They are priced from just over $4,900 to just over $6,000 depending on which options you want. You can see more information here.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=73471

Srxspec said:
The only thing we used out of the old NW kit was the header and down pipe. We changed the intercooler, fuel system, turbo, etc from the original NW kits. They are priced from just over $4,900 to just over $6,000 depending on which options you want. You can see more information here.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=73471

Thanks, after looking at your link I have a few more questions. The full stage II with Excell tunnel dump, is that a bolt up exhaust, and can the tunnel be sealed up at that point? Looking for use of the full tunnel for gas and storage. Also will the exhaust clear a 1.5 track with studs?

Back