• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Rides 06s today in Minocqua

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueByYou2000

Staff member
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
We have a huge post coming from Tom that will be of much more detail than this. But heres a few thoughts

1. We all walked away VERY impressed with the 06 line up, from the Vectort GT to the Apex RTX we were blown away.

2. We had several 05 sleds along on the rides and while they are awesome sleds, the Apex/Attack Series sleds are leaps and bounds better. Fantastic throttle response, great riding position, and endless power. You can feel the difference immediately when you grab a handfull. THESE SLEDS RUN!!!

3. Bumps, forget about it. Done deal. They are kind of REV like with regards to the confidence you have going into moguls. But your not stuck in the REV position. If you want to move back you can. When I say REV like, its because of how it scoots over the big bumps, its just amazing how stable and easy it is to power over the bumps.

4. Nytro, what a surprise. This sled was a blast to drive. But make no mistake, this is no cruiser. This thing wants to be riden hard and you can tell as soon as you sit on it. Fun sled

5. Vector GT, again, huge suprise. I was shocked with the power of this sled, not only that with the addition of the monoshock in the rear and piggy back GYT-Rs up front, it rode, handled and took the bumps just great.

Guys, Yamaha blew our doors off today. These new models are nothing short of miraculous. Id like to thank Tom (Mr. Sled) and Yamaha for allowing us to be apart of this great day. Ill be laying in bed tonight with a huge smile on my face.

Oh yeah, did I mention the APEXS are FAST?. :Rockon: :4STroke: :yam:

Lets be careful for now, please. Has any one from Yamaha been willing to confirm that what you are riding now is what will be in production next spring and summer? Remember the Viper shocks? peace RR

Just great....i was getting ove my need to have one of these next year and now I read this awesome stuff and more from to Tom to come. :o|

Oh and did I forget to tell myself we don't have any snow anyway, yet the addiction doesn't seem to care. :shock: :4STroke:

Yes, I rode the Apex GT.

As far as a clear cut favorite. Mr. Sled, NOS PRO, TORK,Buddah 2 and myslef all liked the Apex GT the best. I think Sledder Steve had a different favorite, but dont remember which one he liked.

We rode:
Apex RTX
Apex GT
Attack
Nytro
Vector GT
Rage

The Apex GT in our opinon had the best front end, where the Attack had the best rear end. In the end, the reason we picked the GT is because of its front end, rear end adjustability, and overall fun factor on the trail. Very easy to manuver...BBY

Yamaha said up front the sleds are still in the tuning stage and NOT to compare shock packages at this point. Many adjustments and tuning is still being done. ===SRXSRULE===

rupprider said:
Lets be careful for now, please. Has any one from Yamaha been willing to confirm that what you are riding now is what will be in production next spring and summer? Remember the Viper shocks? peace RR

I cant imagine if we plunk down in excess of $10000 that yamahs is going to pull off the Ohlins and GYTRs. If that was the case, no one would accept delivery. Problem with the Viper is it was a big bump sled and dealers sold a ton of them to average trail riders/cruisers without knowing the intention of the sled. That said, the 02 Vipers were very rough riding.

What rules points out is very true with regards to final calibrations. Please remember the these were all prototypes and will most likely have some changes for production. This will all be layed out when Tom posts the group thoughts and thats why I didnt initially post our favorites because the GT may have been just setup closer to our liking...BBY

Fine..........just leave me out of the mix will you LaLaLa

Oh, by the way, it was unamimous..............the Apex GT.............even though I only got to ride it on the lake :o|

My post from the other forum: :wink:

Thanks to everyone on these forums, we probably had the most comprehensive list of questions to be answered by any group outside of the magazine guys. We spent hours cussing, discussing, agreeing to disagree and what not all regarding the new sleds. I believe the Yamaha guys were impressed with our approach.

The downside is that it's going to take poor Mr. Sled a few days to consolidate and properly post the information.

In brief, the 150's (Apex/Attak) were simply awesome, it was readily apparent why the RX1 name was retired because these sleds are that much different. They had a Apex GT, Apex RTX and a Attak there for us to ride along with a '05 RX1 and a '05 Warrior to compare. We were disappointed not to have a Apex ER as there were in fact enough subtle differences between the three that it would have been apparent. More on those later...

The 120's (Vector/Rage) were the least changed but the addition of the RA mono-shock made a significant positive difference in ride quality. These machines retain what I would call traditional snowmobile riding characteristics compared to the big brother 150's. While I was the odd man out in our group, I still hold my beloved Rage in high esteem as my choice for a long distance cruiser machine. (End of personal bias)

While based off the Vector, the Nytro is almost in a class by itself as it rode completely different than the other machines. As a cruiser guy, I'm certainly not going to be a judge of what makes a true "ditchbanger" but I can speak for our group in saying this machine was an absolute gas to ride. I wouldn't want to ride the Grand Marais 500 miler on it but I'd love to have one to simply play.

In summary, they are the best damn sleds I have ever ridden ...
;)!

Does it look like the riser and bars would be an easy update to an 03 adding the longer throttle cable? Are the cables exposed with the riser?

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back