• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Rides 06s today in Minocqua

Status
Not open for further replies.
greenmachine said:
Does it look like the riser and bars would be an easy update to an 03 adding the longer throttle cable? Are the cables exposed with the riser?

Jim

For your first question, not sure. I dont think it would be a bolt on and go solution, and yes the cables are exposed, but protected...BBY

Steve, ..........Amen.

I am soo tired.

I'm glad I had everyone laughing when I took the Nytro for it's journey thru the ditchbanging, and the monster washouts on the corners. I looked back, and all I could see was thumbs up from everyone, including Mr. Sled. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face!

The Apex GT is just that........AWESOME!!!!!

I had the chance to look at some of the '06s last weekend at Cruiser Fest in Minocqua, WI.
When I first saw the '06s, I felt a little bit let down. I didnt feel that Yamaha had gone far enough in making the sleds better to compete with the competition. However, after seeing those sleds in person I can tell you that they are very much different than the '05s. I now know that Yamaha did a great job on the '06s and I think its going to be a great year for Yamaha!!! ;)!
I was totally blown away by how the '05s performed, rode and handled. The '05 RS Vector and RX-1 that I rode were awsome and it looks like the '06s are even better! :yam:
I like the Nytro, but whats up with the yellow? Why not use red or blue, at least those are traditional Yamaha colors! I look at the Nytro and to me, it has too much of a Ski-Doo vibe going on. If I were buying a new sled, that would be the one Id buy. However, Id have to take off everything that was yellow and either swap it out in favor of blue parts, or paint the parts blue. A yellow Yamaha just isnt right! (even though some of their MX bikes from the '70s were yellow)
All in all, I say to Yamaha, "yoroshiku"! ;)! (which means, "thank you for your work" in Japanese).
Hebi

I thought the same, but the graphics are killer. Skulls and flames.

Attachments

• Pic00011.jpg
    Pic00011.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 133
Im not saying the '06s are ugly and its good that Yamaha is giving people more color choices than blue or red. Im glad that Yamaha still offers sleds in Team Yamaha Blue, but its also great they they are offering non-traditional paintschemes for those who want their sled to stand out from the crowed. One of my favorite non-traditional Yammies are the Rages that are red with the 2 white racing stripes down the middle.
Hebi

a couple more

Attachments

• Pic00007.jpg
    Pic00007.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 123
  • Pic00013.jpg
    Pic00013.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 191
So did Yami set each sled up to your weight before you rode? Did you get to take an 05 RX-1 through a stretch of trail and then one of the comparable 06's as well to see the difference?

Hebi,

You forgetting the 04 Warrior that came in black w/yellow highlights & graphics? Not Yamaha's first foray into the "other realm" :D

Not that I'm aware of............but I wasn't around today.

We had to leave early..............and just got back so I haven't talked to anybody around here.

So Tom et. al..........what time did you guys finish the "2nd pass"? :shock:

I might as well have stayed for it for all the good it did me...........we drove 400 mi. only to have to have our beautiful princess, Carrie, our black&white Tibetan Terrier euthanized at 3:45 CST in Appleton. Liver cancer. 10 days shy of her 9th birthday.

Sorry to hear that, my sympathy, Buddy!

We finished our 2nd ride about 5' ish I think. It was alot longer and faster the second time out.

We went to the Thirsty Whale after and concluded our discussion.

Drove home and in bed by midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back