• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ulmer stage 2 clutching

rayone02

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex 2012 nytro xtx 2006 attak
Plan on ordering a clutch kit Monday. Anybody using this clutch kit in attak or apex looking for some opinions on performance. Thanks for any info.

Ulmer kit works well, about 3 sled lengths better than stock much better bottom end no belt slip and smooth. D& F's work well also but you need to be able to tune to make them work. Ulmers will be good to go when you get it and if you need help its just a call away.

I have run both of HC kits 2 speeds and D&F and now running the Ulmer Racing stage 2 Don't have much time on the Ulmer kit but is much smoother than the others but Allen is always there to help and to me that says alot I'm certain his kit is on par with anyones elses. If I were to do it all over again I would have gone with Ulmers kit in the first place.

been using ulmer stage 2 kit for 3 years now, zero issues better hole shot, amazing backshifting for trail riding and allen is always a phonecall away for any of his products

Been using mine for 5 years now and it has been great!!! Great backshift and response, better holeshot and slightly more top end.

i cant get more top end out of mine i and getting beat on the lake by my bother i have a stage 2 had a 23 top gear in and went back to the 24 its pissing me off i have spent cash to be faster and i am getting beat by a stocker

There is no way you should be getting beat low or mid with a ulmers kit against stock! Top end maybe a different story as stock there fast on top end!

charlie, what is your set up and rpms at, had to tweak my stage 2 kit to get it to go right.

i have 6 washers in the heal and i have 5 in the toe i think i have a little to much weight in it i shift 10 700 i have 24 top gear and a air box mod

I have 6 washers in the heel and 1 in the toe with the silver spring wrapped at 80 with his supplied helix!! It hits 10800 on a good lake run. Unless he changed his kit I believe 5 washers in the toe is wrong. I too have the airbox mod and run the stock 24 gears now which are faster on the lake in good conditions!!! The 23's work good too but on radar the 24's are a little faster in my sled on ice.

I just read this post for the first time. I have a 07 attack with a cobra track. Got a stage 1 kit from ulmer last year as that was my answer to low rpms after I changed to the cobra track. Well anyway, when alan sent out my kit, the weights had a large washer in the middle, a small washer in the tip, and a small washer in the heal. This pulled bottom and mid better than oem, and slightly less on top. Rpms were down throughout the powerband at 10,200-10,300. I called alan and he is having me take the small washer out of the tip, and the small washer out of the heal. This will only leave the large washer in the middle. What he is telling me does make sense, and I hope it works better this winter and runs about 10,800, but my question is....why is my weight setup so much different than others with almost the same sled, and same kit from ulmer?? I think that mine is a 60 empty bare weight? Maybe others are running a lower weight bare weight?? 50 or 55 gram perhaps??Or is the attak that much different than the apex???

You have to be very careful comparing notes to others as rider weight, studs, gearing, and other mods make differences to clutching.

Sleddog66, the Apex & Attak models have different helixes and different primary springs when we send a kit out, so one setup will be completely different than the other. All Apex & Attak, LTX clutch kits are sent out with a 60 gram base weight. You should currently have a large washer in the heel as well as a small washer and then likely a small washer in the tip. Remove the small washer from the tip and the heel and that will wake up your rpm.

Thanks Alan. Already made that change over the summer per your suggestion. I could have sworn that the fat washer was in the middle, and not the heal. now your gonna make me go look. LOL. We will test when the snow is flying. Again, thanks....your customer service is always great.

Had a Ulmer clutch kit in my 09 Nyto XTX. Worked great. Pulled better through out the whole range. Currently running a Hauck set up. His kit works great also. Slight driveability between the two but not much.

Back