• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UPDATE!!! 2011 NY Ride.

only a inch or so....wtf....snow to my right...snow to my left....nothing in my yard! :eek:( anyway i am going to be able to ride the friday and saturday. there is one room left at the stone for one queen bed plus my room is open for wed and thursday. just so you guys know.

We still have a little time, the snow will come I know it.. We have nice base right now if we don't loose it all before we get more good snow we'll be all set...

mr.pitstop said:
We still have a little time, the snow will come I know it.. We have nice base right now if we don't loose it all before we get more good snow we'll be all set...

Hope it stays cold your way. Syracuse forecast for Jan. 1 is 50 and rain #$%&* #$%&* #$%&*

www.accuweather.com says some good things regarding snow in Cranberry Lake, NY in January. Go to this site and type in the 12927 zip code and click on January 2011. I never take this information in stone but use it as a guide.

For us they are saying the warm up is coming on saturday and it will max out at 38 degrees with rain. If the rain is not too heavy and the temp not too warm we'll be ok. We still need snow but if we don't loose all our base we won't need too much snow to ride...

I'll try and put my Meteorology degree to work and make up a forecast up to our ride. Some rain and warm this saturday as everyone is saying. The next week will be seasonable with just a few scattered snow showers. However by Friday Jan. 7th I can predict another storm with a slight warmup, so that storm could be rain or snow, or both. Then on Monday the 10th I see a Noreaster which could bring us some decent snow. Lets hope so. By then we will have to decide weather to cancel out or not. As long as there is decent snow up in the Cranberry Lake area, we can all just trailer up to there on Wed., if there is not enough snow to ride up there from my area.

RX-1MAN said:
Maybe we better head Steve's way to ride. Looks like the NYC area will get the big snow :o| :o| :o| :o| :o|

Ok Dave. But I only got 3 acres to ride on at my house. I'll hire out a bulldozer and get the snow-x track going out in the back of the property! We have no real trail system to speak of down my way except for the local state forest preserve (Stewart) which has about 45 miles of trails, some groomed and maintained by the local club, believe it or not!

Hopefully at least Cranberry Lk area keep the snow they have and get some more by the time the ride rolls around (which I think they will). Then the decision will have to be made whether the trip can be made from down by BBW and 2008FxNytro, or everybody just trailers over to Cranberry Lk and ride around and out of the area in every direction we can for the few days we are there. Only time will tell.

Sleds looking good, Dan. Maybe I'll go snap a pic of mine partially put back together still sitting on a set of milk crates in my garage! Picked up the newly powder-coated a-arms last week, just a matter of putting it back together. Ulmer front bushing kit already installed in bulkhead, spindels, and the arms. All I need is some time to do the rest now!

Back