• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Update from "ttabs Nytro mod shop"

Inside wheel kit?

I almost forgot, how's Smitty coming with our axel kits? I'll need a red one in a few weeks. Come on Smitty! :moon:

What helps with the vent line from the reservoir is to loop it up as high into the steering loop as you can and then down to the bottom of the side panel by the chain case; it provides a little more elevation before it will leak.

woodsrider said:
What helps with the vent line from the reservoir is to loop it up as high into the steering loop as you can and then down to the bottom of the side panel by the chain case; it provides a little more elevation before it will leak.

Good Idea LaLaLa

I have a 2 wheel kit for the STOCK wheels only right now, but as soon as Ttabs can get off that thing, I will have an offset kit as well.
Speaking of Ttabs, had a real nice chat with him tonight, got me a thinkin about maybe makin a swap!??? Time will tell, love the Rev, but needs somethin new to tinker with!
Was at the Sled Sneek and Peek show yesterday, and the Doo thumper looked VERY fat to me, and a new 800 XP is close to 12k. Makes me think..... HUMMMMMM what if I do this, I can doo that
Smitty

smitys800 said:
I have a 2 wheel kit for the STOCK wheels only right now, but as soon as Ttabs can get off that thing, I will have an offset kit as well.
Speaking of Ttabs, had a real nice chat with him tonight, got me a thinkin about maybe makin a swap!??? Time will tell, love the Rev, but needs somethin new to tinker with!
Was at the Sled Sneek and Peek show yesterday, and the Doo thumper looked VERY fat to me, and a new 800 XP is close to 12k. Makes me think..... HUMMMMMM what if I do this, I can doo that
Smitty

that is a no brainer....you can get a new nytro for 7k now...and then the boost is 5k...there you go, stock and 220 HP...and trhen light weight and bling bling!!!!

your perma grin will make us have to change your name to Smitty's@!$%eatinboostgrin....long name, but lots of fun!!!!

will try and get some pics posted soon Saturday, and possibly a video clip, brought my nice video camera for this trip...

forgot my camera, but my buddy will ahve his 10D, so we will ahve some great pics if we have good light...

Is it possable to use a 2.52 pitch track in the Nytro? Anybody make 2.52 drivers to fit the Drive axle?
Smitty

Well, that is good news. Now, can you fit a 2.3 16" wide track under there?
If I can do that, than I can use the Track from my REV, since it is only 3 months old.
Gettin things all in line to pull the trigger!!!
And just when you thought it was nice and quite here, Ttabs drag's me into this!!
Smitty :exc:

smitys800
I believe the 16" 2.3 Doo track is a 2.86 pitch. Good news is that I talked to Bruce at Tracks USA, and he has 2.86 pitch 8 tooth drivers that will fit Yamaha axles.
A 2.86 8 tooth driver is approx 1/8" larger in diameter then a 2.52 9 tooth driver. So if you go from a 2.52 9 tooth to the 2.86 8 tooth, your only moving the track 1/16" closer to the front heat exchanger. ;)!

Bill

Bill,
I thought the NEW XP was 2.86? I'm sure my '05 has the 2.52 pitch, but should call Bruce and see if they have the 2.52 for the Nytro. What size driver is stock on the Nytro?

smitys800 said:
Bill,
I thought the NEW XP was 2.86? I'm sure my '05 has the 2.52 pitch, but should call Bruce and see if they have the 2.52 for the Nytro. What size driver is stock on the Nytro?

Yes, I think you are correct about your 05. When they changed to the 146" and 154" sizes, they switched to 2.86. These tracks have a 2.31" paddle.
Not sure on the MTX driver size, I know they are a 3" pitch driver.
The XTX is a 2.52 9 tooth driver. It is a standard non-extrovert type.
2.52, 2.86, 3.00 pitch drivers are avaliable for Yamaha shafts. Which is cool, allows us to put almost any track we want on our sleds ;)!

Bill

yeah smitty, you can get a 16 wide in there, it takes a few swapo outs of some bolts but it will slip in there...

just spent until 1`1:30 in the garage with ttabs and TGZ Tsunami slapping my Timber sled Skid in....CANNOT wait to try it out...just walked outside, and it is snowing here in town, which is a VERY good sign!!!!

mtdream, did the timbersled rear come with the lightweight drop brackets? seriously thinking about this for my mtx. what a way to drop 40 pounds.

how was the first ride on it this weekend? enquiring minds wanna know
ski

skidooboy said:
mtdream, did the timbersled rear come with the lightweight drop brackets? seriously thinking about this for my mtx. what a way to drop 40 pounds.

how was the first ride on it this weekend? enquiring minds wanna know
ski

Well, it was quite the install, but it was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY worth it!!!

Trail handling: A friend of mine has this suspension, so he wasa big help getting it dialed in...But a great suggestion came from TGZ Tsunami...Since these are Fox FLoats on the suspension, if you place a zip tie around the cylinder, and then go ride it, you will see how much travel you have had on the shock...(will post a pic) This will also tell you if you are bottoming out the shock, as air shocks tend to make you think you bottomed out if theyare too stiff...but in reality, you just dont have the shock set up well...

The other key for Trail riding is getting the front shock fully adjusted (not too tight, as it controls the inital bump hit) once I adjusted this properly, I could barely feel bumps on the trail, those little 1 foot plus moguls are now completely not noticable...

Mountain/powder performance- This is where the true genius of this suspension is REALLY seen/felt...First, observation, when gassing it from a start in powder, your skid does not sink then shoot forward, i.e. gas it, trench down a little then go forward (with old style skid) with the Mountain Tamer skid, you gas it, and it pushes you forward immediately...this is not just a ski pressure issue, it is hopw the skid reacts to pressure...Mtn Tamer reacts as a unit, not just as seperate lever arms

when doing a climb, because your skid is higher, you are out of the snow more, so, you do not have an increase in friction and scrubbing power from softer skids rubbing snow on running boards...I noticeably trenched less...

When doing a climb, and you jump then get on it again, you generally lose a ton of power as the track tightens up and then has to spin back up...with teh Mtn Tamer, this does not happen at all!!! Same exact spot, I jumped a slope, then landed and shot forward, same exact sled with stock skid, jumped same distance, landed and immediately trenched in and couldnt get going..

Jumping- Did not hit any big jumps just lots of 10 footers etc. with one drop around 15, so nothig too aggressive...but the incredible thing is that when you land the shocks do a great job suck up slightly off camber or not perfect landings...I am sure there are better skids for big jumpers, but I am not someone like Nikolai doig 100footers...I am an all around mountain rider, who enjoys all the fun...

and for refernce...Here is my set up on the skid...

Front shock- 80 PSI
Rear Shock- 140 PSI
Elevation (due to oxygen is critical to know elevation) we were at 9000 ft.
Rider 250lbs.[/b]

Back